Chapter 13

"I love you Anna, I always will.

"Anna, will you marry me?

"Do you trust me?

"It's true...

"I am to kill you this night."

"No! Henry I'm sorry!"

Anna!

Anna!

"Anna wake up, please."

I opened my eyes breaking out of my dream, looking up I saw Hawk right above me.

"You were having a nightmare again..."he said quietly, looking worried.

I rubbed my forehead, nodding slightly. It's been a week since Henry was killed and every night I've had horrible nightmares....... I felt the bed shift as Hawk down, gathering me into his arms, "it'll be alright," he reassured quietly. I buried my face in his chest, letting him rock me as I cried quietly.We sat like that for what seemed like a hours until someone knocked on the door.

"Yes?" Hawk called, shifting me back onto the bed. Sam stepped inside," we've got a ship followin' us sir...."

"What are the colors it's flyin' ?"

" They aint flyin' any colors, that's the troublin' part..."

"How long will it take for 'em to catch up?"

"Half an hour by my count," Sam replied, he looked at me concerned, as did Hawk. They had been both treating me like a child since the battle, not that I had complained much after shutting myself in my room most of the time.

"I can handle myself fine Hawk," I said in answer to their concerned looks.

Hawk nodded and got up, "get ready Anna, and make sure not to draw any attention to yourself alright?"

"Yes, Hawk," I replied, watching him leave.

----------------------------------

Jacob's POV:

" 'Tis indeed the Escarletta!" Jonathan called down to me. We had had the Escarletta in our sights for a while, but only now we were able to confirm that it was. I started feeling nervous about what Anna's reaction would be. I had been so horrible to her before I left her in Flint's clutches.

Will she reject me?

Is she even on that ship...?

Is she even alive?

Was the tip that she was on the Escarletta valid?

My head was spinning with unanswerable questions, I just hoped Anna was alright, even if she hated me for the rest of her life.....

------------------------------------------

Anna's POV:

The ship was almost upon us when I realized it was the Midnight Queen," Hawk! It's the Midnight Queen!" I called to him. He looked at my way and motioned for me to stay close to Sam. I nodded, my hand rested on the hilt of my sword.

I don't know what I'll do if I run into Jacob or Flint.....

Deep down, I know I have feelings for him....

But the fact is... I wouldn't trust him, not after he killed his own father, Stick, Captain Andrews..... and almost killed me.

"Is Captain Hawk aboard? We come peacefully in search of 'im," I heard a familiar voice call from the Midnight Queen, which was now alongside us.