Chapter 12

Anna's POV

-Several days later-

After I had told Hawk my story he had Henry locked up in the brig. Slowly, I began recovering my strength as I helped out alongside Sam and sometimes Hawk would assist us up in the rigging securing knots.

Hawk had made it clear to his crew I was definitely his sister and if anyone tried to harm me they'd be shot. So far, his crew respects him and me enough not to get anywhere near me with anything but friendly intentions.

We had agreed that in private we'd call each other by our given names and that we'd keep our nicknames in public.

"Silver! Come here!" I heard my brother yell from below my perch, up halfway on the foremast.

"Is that an order Cap'n?" I called back cheekily.

"Yeah, 'tis dear sister!"

I grabbed a rope and climbed down, dropping gracefully behind him.

"How can I be of service?"

Charles turned to face me," have you been taught how to fight?" he asked.

A slightly pained look crossed my face but I nodded," Simple skills, enough to fend off a similar foe.... Why?"

"Would ya like to be taught more?" he asked.

"It'd probably be useful," I replied with a nod.

Charles smiled and handed me a sword, I positioned myself as did he,"ready?" he asked with a slightly cocky smile.

I nodded," I'll have ya know I learn quickly of my opponents," I informed him as our swords clashed against each other.

"We shall see about that Sil!" he exclaimed as he went to to jab at me but I blocked quickly, and dodged to the right.

"Nice try Hawky-boy," I teased, smirking at him, then aimed a blow to his left shoulder but he blocked.

"Aim more downwards Sil," he instructed before aiming for my leg and succeeding in tapping it lightly," that way you can disable them and if need be, kill..."

I nodded slightly," another round?" I asked with a mischievous grin.

Hawk brought up his sword again, as did I. We did several rounds, most of the time he'd trick me and win but a few times I won.

"Cap'n ! There's a mighty big squawl ahead, it's movin' fast!" someone called from the crow's nest, interrupting our swordplay.

Charles sheathed his sword and ran to the bow, swearing loudly, I caught up with him and understood. A monsterous looking cloud was stretching across the horizon,"it's headed right for us Hawk....."

Charles narrowed his eyes, "that ain't a normal storm," he muttered before turning and called the crew together.

"As ye 'ave probably noticed, we've got a Monster storm bearin' down on us, 'tis likely 'tis the same we faced a few years back. Jack, get yer group together to man the cannons, Andre, yer men need ta drop the mainsail. Carlos, try to steer away from the middle as much as ya can. Ev'ryone else get yer weapons ready!" Charles ordered.

Weapons? Cannons? That wasn't normal for a crew going into a storm....

"Hawk, what is going on?"I asked meekly, not wanting to make a fool of myself if I was wrong.

Charles looked at me, and seemed to understand my confusion, "we are headed into a monster storm, a storm caused by a monster."

"But I thought those tales of sea monsters were just legends drunken sailors came up with..."