Chapter 14:

"You been shopping?" Fiona asked Etta as she walked in.

"Damn straight." Etta laughed. "Triple ply toilet paper. I didn't even wait for a sale." 

"You know, I'm sure it's fun having some disposable income, but you gotta stop buying stuff you don't even have room for." Fiona said as she moved trashbags.

"You're not the boss of me." Etta said.

"I know. You gotta go online and you gotta cancel that hot tub that I sent back today otherwise they're gonna charge you for it." Fiona said.

"I didn't even wait online. I ordered it all through QVC. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go see how the other half lives." Etta said, walking away.

I looked at Fiona and turned to see her eyes on Etta's purse. Fiona took her gloves off, starting to dig through her purse. She pulled out a wallet and took out the cards. Just as she was about to cut them in half, she stopped. I gave her a confused look. 

"We're going to Etta." She said.

Once I realized she ordered things, we got back to work on the tiles.

"What the hell are you doing?" Kev asked.

Fiona and I turned around to see him. 

"Pulling up tile." Fiona said.

"With a spatula?" Kev asked.

Fiona sighed. "Don't ask."

We both stood up and walked towards him.

"How are you, Kev?" Fiona asked.

"Went over to Patsy's Pie, they sent me here. Since when do you work at the laundromat?" Kev asked.

"I don't work here. I own the place." Fiona said.

"No shit? That is so cool." Kev said.

"I thought so too." Fiona said sitting on a washer. "Does V know you're here?" 

"No, and she'll be pissed. Look, you know us best and... I need your advice." Kev said.

"Do I need to leave?" I asked.

Kev turned to me. "No. You're fine." 

He turned back to Fiona.

"So how about this? I'll help you out in here, if you help me out in here." Kev said pointing to his head after sitting on one of the washers.

"You're on." Fiona said.

Kev let out a sigh of relief. I jumped up, sitting beside them on the washers. The two of them got to work on moving washers. Zoning out on their conversation, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at it before zoning back into their conversation. 

"And we don't even know if he's alive or dead. Or Russian. Or even related to her. We don't know anything. We can't trust anything. And the craziest part of it all is that V doesn't even seem to care. It's like she's pussy-whipped." Kev said as him and Fiona moved a washer. "I feel like V might be in love with her more than me." 

It got quiet and I looked at Fiona, wondering what she was about to say but she remained quiet.

"If you could talk now, that would be awesome." Kev said.

"Uh, it's hard to know what to say." Fiona said as we walked towards the back.

"Why? Cause it's all so messed up?" Kev said.

"No. Because I know that you're.. you're practically married to Svetlana, so I don't want to say anything now that I can't take back later if you're just gonna go home and make up. Because that makes me the asshole, like, forever." Fiona said.