Chapter 1:

I stepped off the L and made my way through the somewhat familiar streets. Eventually I made my way to my old neighborhood. My eyes landed on the Gallagher house, making a small smile spread across my face. Continuing through the town I used to call home, I reached the part where all the businesses were.

I walked down the street, my eyes scanning the buildings surrounding me. It's been years since I've been here. When I continued searching the buildings, my eyes landed on Patsy's Pies. In the window they had a 'help wanted' sign. An idea popped into my head and I walked across the street, heading towards the building. I came to a stop right outside as my eyes landed on both Lip and Fiona inside. 

Quickly building up the courage, I walked inside. Fiona turned and stopped once her eyes landed on me.

"Holy shit." Fiona muttered.

"I saw the help wanted sign." I said, trying to play it cool.

"Come here." Fiona said, rushing over to me.

She wrapped her arms around me and I let out a little laugh before wrapping my arms around her. We pulled apart seconds later and she looked at me in disbelief.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Here as in...." I started.

"Neighborhood." Fiona clarified.

I shrugged. "Oh. I just came back."

"How long have you been here?" She asked, leaning against the counter.

"Just got off the L actually. But I stopped by the old street." I said.

"Do you have a place to stay?" She asked.

I shook my head. "No. I've been saving up though."

"You can stay with us." She said.

"Really? I don't want to put more stress on your life." I said.

"No. It's fine." She insisted.

I looked at unsure.

"Come on. Just until you get a place. However long that may take." She pushed.

I sighed. "Fine."

She grinned.

"Elena?" Lip asked.

I turned to see him looking at me in disbelief. Taking a second, I realized how much he had grown up. He looked much different from the last time I saw but damn was he still attractive.

"Lip." I greeted back after I realize I had been staring at him.

He set down the tub he was carrying on a nearby table and turned back to me. I stepped towards him and he wrapped his arms around me. I hesitated a moment before wrapping my arms around him. Once I did, all the past emotions came rushing back. We both pulled away and looked at each other silently.

"You said you were looking for a job here?" Fiona asked, getting my attention away from Lip.

I turned to her and nodded. "Yeah." 

"Do you have an prior waiting experience?" She asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Okay. You're hired." She nodded.

"Thanks." I gave her a small smile.

She wrapped her arms around me once more, pulling me into another hug. 

"It's good to have you back." She said.

Just as I was about to speak back, my eyes landed on Lip who wore a look of so many emotions. After Fiona was done with work, we walked back to the Gallagher house together.