Chapter 4:

"Come on buddy. Can't be late." Fiona said, walking over to Liam.

"Day care's for losers." Liam said as Fiona picked him up.

"Thank you, Frank." Fiona said while walking towards the front door.

Jolyemi walked past Fiona with Harriet in her arms, looking at Fiona catiously.

"I'm not violent Joyalisi. Just in a hurry." Fiona said.

I walked after Fiona, following her to work after dropping Liam off. Once we reached Patsy's we walked up to the counter.

"Guy at table eight sent back his burger and left without paying. Said it tastes like ketchup flavored cardboard." Sierra said walking up with a plate.

She held it out to Fiona. Fiona lifted the bun and took a sniff before lifting the whole burger up and taking a bite out of it. Sierra and I shared a disgusted look at Fiona took the plate.

"Johnny, come on. You burn anymore of these burgers, I'm gonna deep fry you." Fiona said walking into the back.

"Come on." Sierra said.

We both picked up plates of ready orders and started delievering the food to the tables. After a few seconds I looked up to see Fiona walking out. A little while later I walked up to the counter to see Fiona bent over a menu with a pen in hand.

"When is the last time someone ordered liver and onions?" Fiona asked.

"Just that old dude. Comes in Tuesdays for the early bird." Melinda said.

"Sorry old dude." Fiona muttered as she crossed it off the menu.

"So you can spend money on this camel toe I'm forced to wear but the liver and onions is just too much?" Melinda asked annoyed.

"Uniforms bring in business. Liver and onions don't." Fiona said.

Laughter coming through the doorway made me look up to see Frank.

"Shit. Fiona." I said.

Fiona looked up.

"Table for seven please." Frank said to Sierra.

"No. I'm sorry. I don't.." Sierra started to say.

"Out!" Fiona ordered as she walked up to Frank.

"Sierra." I called.

She looked at me and nodded, walking over to me so she could get out of the way.

"There's a booth open. Come on kids." Frank said, leading everyone he came in with to the open booth.

"I got it." Fiona said.

"Mommy!" Liam called, walking up to the blonde girl Frank walked in with.

"She's not your mother Liam." Fiona said.

"Water is thicker than blood these days." Frank said.

"Yeah. And thanks to your influence, Frank, Liam is no longer welcome at day care. He punched a kid in the balls and called him a gringo." Fiona said.

"Okay son. Glad to hear it. Give 'em hell." Frank cheered.

"What's your name?" Liam asked one of the kids Frank was with.

The kid started to speak before Frank cut him off. "This is New Carl."

"And that's New Ian and New Lip and this cute one right here is New Debbie." Frank said, gesturing to the kids.

"Can't I be New Dan?" 'New Debbie' asked.

"There is no Dan." Frank said.

"I'm hungry." 'New Carl' said.