Chapter 8:

Fiona and I went back to Patsy's. 

"Back already?" Ariel asked.

"Let's make our speakeasy a Prohibition gangster thing. Club kids love a good theme." Fiona said.

"Oh my god, that could be why we can't use the register, they didn't have electricity back then." Ariel said.

I gave her a confused look.

"I mean, they did, but who's counting?" Fiona asked.

"And we can dress like Flappers and Mob guys." Ariel continued.

"Sure." Fiona nodded.

"I don't do costumes." Melinda said.

"All right. Just come by later for cleanup." Fiona said walking up to a post near the door.

"What are you doing?" Ariel asked.

"You'll see." Fiona said, drawing on it with a marker.

Debbie walked in with Harry, making Fiona stop.

"What are you guys doing out so late?" Fiona asked.

"I need to borrow your printer." Debbie said, walking towards the back.

"For your resume, I hope?" Fiona asked.

"Nope. New tactic. Svetlana's idea." Debbie said before disappearing. 

"We got to get the word out. Didi's a rad chalk artist." Ariel said.

"What about stickers? Could tag stuff around town, take selfies?" Didi suggested.

"#speakeasy2016." Ariel added.

"Guerilla marketing, I love it." Fiona said walking behind the counter. "Anybody seen the screwdriver?" 

"I want to go to military school." Carl said, walking out from the back.

"Why?" Fiona asked.

"Dom's dad went." Carl said.

"I thought you and Dom broke up?" Fiona questioned.

"We did." Carl said.

Fiona continued to search and I turned back to Ariel and Didi. 

"You look tired." Didi said, looking at me concerned.

I nodded. "Running on three hours of sleep from yesterday."

"Get some sleep then." Ariel said.

"When I have the time." I muttered before walking away to the counter.

I looked at Fiona to see her and Carl talking before looking down at my phone. Fiona was walking back towards the pole as Debbie walked from the back.

"Don't you worry, I'll be out of your hair very, very soon." Debbie said, walking out from the back and towards the front door. "I am a storm." 

She walked out and I glanced at Fiona to see her looking at me as confused. I walked over to Fiona at the same time Ariel did just as Fiona was hammering the screwdriver into the post she was drawing on. 

Didi walked over as Fiona ripped the screwdriver from the post. "Look. Al Capone's gun did that, 1925. All right. Somebody make a sign for that. I got to nap in my office for a bit." 

She gestured for me to follow her.

"Okay if I test out the speakers?" Ariel asked.

"Low, please." Fiona begged.

She turned to look at me. "You need a nap too." 

"I'll nap when you're done or I'll just pass out in one of the booths." I shrugged.