Almost Escape

Nala's POV

As I went outside not being able to sleep I stared up at the stars and prayed to the great kings for my brothers safety , I had heard faint laughing in the distance. It was coming from Scars cave. I had to investigate so i went up to the entrance of it and peeked my head in. I could not believe what I was hearing. Scar and Zira we're making a plan to kill Sauda.

I ran away quickly and went back to the entrance of the main cave where my mother was sleeping. But before I went in I heard that cackling of the hyenas who were living and sleeping below Pride rock. I then listened to one of the female hyena voices that sounded very familiar.
"Why did you lie to Scar and tell him that we did in fact kill that male lion cub?" She yelled.

"Because..." A male hyena spoke who also sounded familiar "Do you know how he would react if he found out that Mheetu was alive! He'd kill us!"

"But what if he finds out he's alive!" The female hyena shouts.

"Remember, Scar's exact instructions was to kill that Sarafina's little fur ball of a male cubnamed Mheetu! Okay! He just can't know that we were unable to kill tiny little lion cubs for the third time in a row!"

"He only knows about the first time." Said the female. "So for now that is all he needs to know."

I then gasped and ran inside the cave, until I was almost next to my mother and then I tripped and accidentally bumped into her and Sarabi, waking them both in the process of falling.

"Nala, honey are you alright?" My Mom Sarafina whispered.

I shook my head and walked over to Sarabi, having my Mom follow me to her.

"What's wrong Nala?" Sarabi asked.

"It's...Sauda..." I said trying to catch my breath. "I'm sorry Mom, I shouldn't have left the cave at this time of night. But I'm glad I did." Then I looked back at Sarabi. "We need to get Sauda out of here." I whispered.

"Why? What did you find out?" Sarabi asked shocked and upset.

"Well, I overheard Scar and Zira talking about how they want to kill her because she's apparently a threat to their unborn child when it comes to who gets the throne."

They both gasped. "What's going to happen?" I asked.

"Well I don't think there's any way to get the both of us out of here without getting caught." Sarabi said referencing to both herself and her daughter Sauda.

"What if it's just Sauda that leaves?" My Mom asked.

"It's impossible for her to live on her own without an adult to protect her." Sarabi said.

"My dad could look after her." I said and then they both looked at me and smiled.

"That is an excellent idea Nala." Sarabi said smiling warmly at me. "That's the kind of thinking that would have made you become a great queen."

I smiled back but then went back to the plan. "The fog will be pretty thick if we get up really early in the morning. I could take her so that it's easier to hide."

"That's very thoughtful of you Nala." Sarabi spoke. "But I'm not sure I can just ask your father to look after my child." She then looked at the ground.

"Nonsense Sarabi!" My Mom whisper shouted. "I've already been speaking to Jasiri about taking both her and Mheetu for a while now. He had in fact already agreed to it." She said.

"Oh, one more thing." I said. "I was also eavesdropping on a conversation that some hyenas were having, and apparently Scar had given orders to the hyenas to kill Mheetu."

They both gasped again.

I then continued speaking. "They said that they were going to keep it a secret from Scar that they were unable to kill him and pretend that he's dead."

"Well that may be for the best." My mother said. "Because if Scar thinks that Mheetu isn't alive, then he will be safe."

"So we should lie to Scar about Sauda if he ever asks us about her whereabouts." Sarabi says. "I'll wake you up early in the morning."

My mother then spoke. "You should get some rest, I'll stay awake."

"No, I will because if I have to say goodbye to my beautiful little girl in the morning then there's no way I'm getting any sleep tonight."

With that we all nuzzled one another and said goodnight.

Early the next morning...

I was woken up by my mother who was woken by Sarabi who was holding Sauda in her mouth, and we all quickly walked out of the cave together quietly. When we finally reached far enough out of sight, and the fog was thick around us, Sarabi placed Sauda down on the ground.

Sarabi sighed and looked down at her daughter. "I have something very important to tell you." She said with a tear falling down her face. "First of all I want you to know that I love you. And that I will always miss you. I also want you to know that even though I may never see you again, you need to know that you came from a loving mother and father, and that you had a brother." Sarabi was now crying and I was almost in tears as well thinking about how I will never see Mheetu again because they will all need to leave to somewhere safe.

"I-I have a Daddy?" Sauda asked in tears as she was cuddling her mothers paw. "A-And a brother?"

"Yes sweetie, you did. You had a loving family. And your dad was a King."

"Was he as scary as the other King?" Sauda asked.

"No..." I stepped in. "He was gentle, kind and a great father who would have protected you with everything he had." I said. "And your brother was the same, just a little more mischievous." I chuckled.

Sauda smiled. "What was their names?"

Sarabi then spoke again. "Your fathers name was Mufasa, and your brothers name was Simba. They're both now among the stars."

"I love you Mommy." Sauda Said.

"I love you too. Very, very much." Sarabi then licked her daughters head then nodded at me, making it my cue to go and take Sauda to her new family.

"Be safe." My mother said then hugged me.

"Don't worry Mom, I'll be back." I turned around and off I went.

I suddenly heard loud footsteps coming towards me. I stopped in my tracks when I saw Scar standing right in front of us. Sauda hid under my legs.

"Well hello young cubs, what is it that your doing up so early in this fog?"

"We were just going for a walk." I said trying to sound casual.

"And are your mothers not around?" He asked with a sly grin on his face.

"We're here!" Said two voices behind me. I turned around. "We thought we lost you two." Said Sarabi.

My mother then walked up beside me. "What are you doing here Scar?"

"Oh you know just king duties that's all." He said casually waving his paw.

Yeah right!

"We should get out of your way then," Sarabi said, "We wouldn't want to intrude."
We then started walking away and I sighed in relief.

PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT