♡9

1,507 words!

[ hi guys! pretend the picture up there is ava, not holly! so up there, that's ava and cara ♡ ]

[ALSO! i don't know if this is a trigger warning but there is mentions of custody and court for this chapter and there will be in chapter 11 as well. if this affects you, please skip to where you see the heart! that is when the mentions are over (until chapter 11) and then fillie fluff will start!]

the little toddler woke the teens up, making them cook breakfast for her. the three were in the kitchen, making pancakes for them. ava was helping finn mix the pancake mix, her legs wrapped around him as she mixed the mix. millie looked at the pair with love and admiration, realizing how lucky she was to have a boyfriend who loved and cared for her sister.

the pancakes were being poured in the pan, and millie was making bacon for them, humming to music that played quietly on the radio.

the door was opened and shut, finn's parents walking in. "hey, honey! we came early from the business trip, come help us with these bags!" his mother called. finn's eyes widened and he coughed violently, running towards his mother and father.

"uhh, mom. my friend and her sister are over, they stayed over yesterday because they were having family problems." he explained to his mom, not being able to lie.

his mother nodded, clapping her hands with a grin. she saw millie and ava popping their heads out the kitchen. "hello! how're you? i'm cara, nice to meet you. and a puppy, cute!" his mother spoke, her blonde curls tucked behind her ears, she leaned down and petted the puppy.

"im millie, this is ava. thank you, you too." millie spoke, looking down at her feet shyly. "are you finn's girlfriend? he's been talking all about you, huh." cara grinned, making millie turn a bright red. finn also, started to blush madly. his father patted him on the back, introducing himself to millie before going to watch television.

"don't worry about ted, he's like that! now, would you like a cup of tea? i see breakfast was being made, you know what? ill finish it! finn, go put television on for the little one. millie, we can chat!" his mother spoke, a smile on her face. she was excited her son finally was happy, he was in a serious relationship.

millie nodded, sitting on a stool and thanking the lady. "thank you so much cara, wow." millie grinned, feeling welcomed to finn's home. cara began to make tea while finishing breakfast for the three since her and ted already ate.

"so, finn! is he treating you well? if he does anything, i'll be here to set his ass straight!" she laughed, apologizing for the curse word. millie shook her head, dismissing it with a big smile on her face. the two talked about god knows what and finn tried to listen, but he never got to hear them. it was crazy, really, how much millie could say to cara. she felt like she was talking to a girl her own age, not her boyfriend's mom.

"finn! go get your old chair from the attic, bring it for ava! nick and natalia aren't here, so there's a chair for you, how great." cara exclaimed, setting up the coffee she made for ted and the tea she made for millie and herself. ted just grabbed some bacon and his newspaper, beginning to eat. finn wobbled down the stairs, a wooden high chair in his hands. ava scurried along after him, hopping down the steps. he placed the chair next to cara, and cara picked up the small girl and sat her down. she looked through drawers, finding some paper and crayons. she passed it to ava, along with her breakfast. millie smiled at ava, and ava smiled back, grabbing a crayon and beginning to draw quickly. the group began to eat, finn of course sitting next to millie.

"natalia and nick are twins, although, they look nothing alike! most of the time they're in college, but since it's summer they stay here. they're out with their friends, they'll be back later today or tomorrow." cara explained, millie nodding. she already knew about the twins, since finn told her.

they talked about school, which cara and ted found out millie was an A+ student, and finn rolled his eyes when his parents told millie to tutor him. millie giggled, nodding slightly. she grasped finn's hand as she ate, finn squeezing it happily.

after finishing breakfast, millie and cara wash dishes and the other three sat and watched television.

"i'm a lawyer, ted too." cara explained as they talked about millie's future and what she wanted to be. millie looked up from the plate she was washing, turning over to cara.

"do you think..um... listen, my mom she left my sister and i for over a month. no money, no food, no rent paid. i had to use my birthday money that i've been saving up since i was eight to pay for rent and to buy food for ava. my godmother, she helped me, paying for most of it. my mother came home yesterday, threw a shit-show. i don't want her to have custody of my sister and i, especially my sister. my mom is crazy, last year she went crazy with alcohol. s-she's... i don't want ava to witness this. i don't want her to have custody of ava. she's done so much more than that, i can't have ava get hurt because of my mom. do you think you can help? please..." millie whispered the last part, choking up on her words as she felt the tears start to form.

cara pulled her in a hug, holding her tight. "i'll help you, come, please sit, my love." she whispered, rubbing millie's back carefully. millie nodded, dragging herself to sit on a stool chair, cara sitting across from her, leaning on the table.

"tell me about your godmother first, or anyone who you think will take you in." cara said, placing a hand over millie's small one.

"my godmother, she... she was my moms longtime friend. she adopted my best friend when she was a year old, sadie. her name is winona and her husband is david...last year, when my mom went crazy, they took ava and in for a month until my mom got back to normal, or as close as she can get to normal. she pays for rent most of the time, since my mom doesn't a lot of the time. my mom is a good person, or maybe i just think that because she's my mom. but ava can't be around her." she explained, sighing loudly.

"my godmother will take us in. she only has sadie at the moment, since they can't have children. she says im like her daughter, and the same for ava. she works as a doctor and david is the chief of the police station. they have good jobs, good pay to take care of us." she finished, looking at cara who was writing notes on a notepad she found.

"everything your mom has done that can be counted as any kind of abuse, physically, mentally, emotionally. anything she has done that a mother shouldn't do." cara spoke softly.

millie explained everything her mom has done, and then called winona. cara spoke to her, and they scheduled a time to speak on this. winona of course agreed to take in the girls.

                                            ♡

as cara spoke to winona, finn came and hugged millie from behind, pressing kisses to her jawline. she smiled, her nose still red from her cries, earlier. finn grabbed her hand, leading her to his room. ava was now with cara, talking to her about her mother and talking to winona. millie followed him, looking back at ava. she bit her lip, angered at her mother that ava has to go through what she did. she shook that thought out of her head and entered finn's room, shutting the door and pressing her lips to finn's. finn was shocked, but then quickly wrapped an arm around her waist, the other rubbing her cheeks.

millie felt at home when she was with finn. she felt herself gently being pushed to the bed, she walked backwards towards it, not breaking off the kiss. she grabbed his hand that was on her cheek, intertwining her fingers with his. she fell on the bed, giggling softly. she held his hand tightly, breaking off the kiss to breathe. she looked up at finn, who had a hand holding him up over her. she leaned upwards again, pecking his lips. finn sat up with a small smile on his face, millie following. still, they were holding hands.

and again, the two kissed. and again, millie felt like she was at home, maybe because finn was her home.

and millie was his home too.