3

It was midday, maybe around 1, and we were on out way to the next tour stop.
Denver, Colorado
I was in my room, strumming random chords as they came to me, but I abruptly stopped when Andrew came bursting through my bedroom door.
"Dude, ever heard of knocking?" I joke, taking my guitar strap off from around my neck and set the guitar down on its rightful stand.
"News like this can't wait for knocking,"Andrew says, sitting down on my bed.
"What's up?"
"You may want to sit down for this Shawn," Andrew says, patting the seat next to him. I obliged and plopped down next to him.
"We found her Shawn,"
"Found who?"
"Your accuser! God Shawn, do you not remember this morning?" He says, slapping me upside the head.
My breath hitches and I spring up from the spot I was sitting. I start to pace around my room and bite on my pinky fingernail.
"Don't you want to know who it is?" He asks, standing up to place a comforting hand on my shoulder.
I gulp and nod, unable to speak. Andrew pulls out his phone and shows me the girls twitter page.
Bella Renee
"THE Bella Renee," I question Andrew, my breathing becoming erratic. "THE Bella Renee with 15 million instagram followers? THE Bella Renee that has over 5 million Youtube subscribers? THE Bella Renee that is a model and has the most protective following? THE Bella Renee that I'm—"
"Madly in love with?" Andrew says, finishing my sentence for me. "Yep, that's the one."
"But why would she do this? I've never even spoken to her,"
"Beats me Shawn. But I have good news!"
"What could possibly be good right now?" I groan, falling back onto my bed.
"Well, turns out that Bella live in Denver and her manager and I got in touch and we arranged a private meet up for you two before the show so you guys can hash things out."
"Great, just great." I grumble into my hands.
I feel the weight of my bed shift and I prep myself up on my elbows just as Andrew was about to leave.
    Before walking out the door, Andrew turns to me in the doorway to say through this teeth, "Do not fuck this up Shawn." then turns around and slams my door closed.

———————————-
     The next morning, my alarm blares in my ears, signaling a new day.
     I groan and grab my phone, turn off the alarm and start going through my social media. I haven't gone a social media since yesterday morning when the rumor first circulated and in my head I'm praying that the drama that it started has died down.
     Boy, was I wrong.
      The hashtag was still number 1 in top trending on twitter and comments were getting more hateful and vulgar, all thanks to the various tabloids fueling everyone's hate fire.
     I finally decide to go against my better judgement and stalk Bella Renee's twitter, not like it wasn't already any everyday occurrence or anything, but stalking her after the stupid rumor she made up seems wrong. I went onto her twitter and the pinned tweet I see makes my blood boil.
     It's the accusation story, and it read:

     Today I'm going to confess something I've been keeping a secret for almost 2 months now and I feel like if I'm not upfront and honest, I'll burst.
     I, Bella Renee, was raped.
     It all happened on July 4. I was at a party that my friend Allie was hosting and as we all do from one time to another, I had too much to drink and apparently a certain boy had caught on to my very intoxicated state.
     That boy being, Shawn Mendes.
     One thing led to another and he was leading me to a bed room and started to kiss me, which I was fine with, but then things started to move too fast. I simply stated I didn't want to continue and stumbled out of the bed room we were in, only to me pulled back into the room by Shawn and he told me that  "I wasn't going anywhere." I cried and pleaded, but he didn't stop and no one came to my aid because no one downstairs could hear my cries. He promptly told me to "stop crying like a little whore," and raped me.
     I'm not telling you all this for pity or anything of the sort. I'm writing this to finally get it out there and to tell you all that if this unfortunate event ever happens to you that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and to stay strong.

With Love,
Bella Renee

I bring my head up from reading and without letting a moment go by, I throw my phone at the wall beside me and watch it shatter into a million pieces.
     There was no way in hell I'm ever going to meet with her.