Chapter 26: Boundaries

It doesn't take long for us to get into a routine after that homecoming weekend

It doesn't take long for us to get into a routine after that homecoming weekend. Dr. Styles goes back to work and while Mrs. Styles is a homemaker, she sure seems to keep busy with the numerous volunteer and social activities with which she's involved. It's not uncommon for her to be out of the house for long stints each day, and that leaves Harry and me alone. A lot.

One afternoon, Harry is on the tail end of a nap so climb on his bed to wake him. "Come on lazy bones," I playfully nudge him. I can see that he's trying to pretend he's still asleep but he can't fool me, not with the dimple in his cheek fighting to make an appearance. I try to tickle him just under his arms and he sits up suddenly, grasping my wrists in his very strong ones to make me stop. Sometimes I forget how strong he is from walking around on those forearm crutches all the time.

Laughing, I lunge at him to try to kiss him but he blocks it with our joined hands, pretending he's miffed about the wake-up call. Without thinking, I sling my leg over his lap to get closer but he only tightens his grasp, shoving our hands down to our sides. As we're both laughing and I'm trying to regain control, I try once again to distract him by leaning in to kiss his perfect mouth. It works much too well and he kisses me back with unreserved fervor, releasing his hold on my wrists in the process.

The atmosphere quickly changes as our kiss heats up. I scoot closer to him, tightening my thighs around his hips. His hands work their way up my jaw and into my hair as mine sweep along the hem of his t-shirt. I've never been so bold before, but suddenly my hands are under his shirt, feverishly caressing the bare skin of his stomach, sides and his back.

Without even realizing it, we've ignited a flame that's not easily extinguished. His hands remain in my hair, one of them tugging my head to the side as his mouth releases mine and travels down to my neck where he places sloppy kisses along the tendons.

His name falls from my mouth in a heated whisper and he mumbles my name in return, refusing to tear his mouth away from my skin. My own level of desire reaches untamable heights when I realize how our hips are pressed so desperately together. Experimenting, I shift my pelvis and press down and a muffled cry bursts from his mouth. Realizing that I've actually given him some sexual pleasure does insane things to my body and my brain and suddenly I'm more eager than ever to find out what it will feel like for us to be completely unified.

But reality hits both of us in the same moment, it seems and we distance ourselves from each other, regarding each other with wild eyes and gasping breaths.

Hary takes a deep breath, closes his eyes momentarily and then opens them as he expels the breath. "Guess we got a little carried away," he observes, still panting.

"Uh huh," I nod, just a small part of me wishing we hadn't stopped.

"I'm sorry," he whispers. "But hey, only four months to go, right?" 

Suddenly my face is bright red and an embarrassed laugh falls in between my gasps. "Thank God." That makes him laugh, too and I echo his sentiment. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let myself get carried away."