Chapter 25- "Your head is on my boobs"

Start from the beginning

Nevertheless, I fell asleep with a smile on my face, thankful for the idiot.

***********************************************************************

The next morning, Alex and I were sitting in the kitchen lounge, lazily draped on the sofas sipping steaming hot mugs of black coffee. I stared at the tendrils of steam that danced out of my dark red mug as Alex went over the details of our upcoming trip.

"So we'd catch a train in around two days, leaving us a night and day before the Luna's funeral. I tried to find a ticket for the day directly before, but since it's on such short notice, all of the seats were booked," Alex clarified. 

"That's fine, because I'd have a day to show you around my hometown," I told him. I then sat up straighter from my slouched position next to him and smiled. "I have to take you to this one diner that serves the best iced tea ever. You'd forget about this black coffee in a second, Alex!"

"Pfft, please, I've been drinking black coffee since I was 15. Your crusty iced tea wont do a thing to my addiction," Alex snorted, then proceeded to take a long sip from his mug. 

"Don't you dare call Donna's iced tea 'crusty'. It's legendary, I'm telling you. Also, it'll be like taking a drink from a fountain of heaven since it'll be blisteringly hot there. Will a Northerner like you be able to handle it?" I smirked, elbowing Alex. 

He rolled his eyes. 

"Might I remind you that you've been living up North for almost two years now? Besides, if you can get used to someone like me, you'll be able to handle the heat in your hometown," Alex snickered. 

I almost spat out the coffee. 

"Did you just--"

Before I could finish my sentence, a high pitched voice squealed from the kitchen entrance. 

"DESTY!"

I sat up straighter when I saw young Kate, dashing toward me with her chubby legs and a bright smile on her face. I quickly shoved my mug of coffee in Alex's hand around my shoulder and scooped up Kate in my arms, giving her a hug. The Luna came in behind her, beaming. 

"Hi Kate!" I laughed. "Good morning, Luna Arcadia."

The Luna waved with one hand as she held her newborn son, Dylan, in her other arm. He was nuzzled up sleepily against his mother's shoulder. 

"Lovely to see you, Kate," Alex said. Kate was about to say something to him when suddenly her round golden eyes flitted to the mugs in Alex's hands. She peered in to the one closest to me and then scrunched up her nose. 

"Mommy, I think Alzander is drinking black poison again," she whimpered, swiveling her head around to the Luna. 

"Hey, Desty, here is drinking it too," Alex chuckled, indicating to Kate that his arm was around my shoulder and did indeed hold a coffee as well. 

Kate furrowed her brows. 

"Is Alzander sleeping in your room again? Trolls are not good, Desty," she murmured. 

"Damn right I am," Alex winked, whispering in my ear, but loud enough for the Luna to hear. If I had been drinking the coffee in that second, I definitely would have spat it out again. I elbowed him even harder than before and sighed, while Alex failed to keep in his laughter. I looked up at Luna Arcadia to apologize, yet she was laughing too and gave me knowing glance. Kate on the other hand, looked absolutely confused.

I stroked her red curls and closed my eyes, hoping that Alex would one day shut the hell up for his own sake.

"Anyways, sorry about that Luna, really," Alex chuckled. "But Destiny and I were wondering if it's okay if we could take this week off for some personal matters to sort out back at Destiny's hometown." 

To my relief, Luna Arcadia smiled warmly.

"Of course . You two have been working so hard on the deliveries and paperwork,  and deserve a break. I'll tell Jace tonight," she replied, taking Kate's hand.

"Thank you so much," Alex grinned. 

"No problem," she said, as Kate waved goodbye to us.

Alex squeezed my shoulder comfortingly.

"It's time to get packing, Dest," he exclaimed, draining my mug of coffee. 

"You know what? I'm going to leave you here if you finish my coffee again," I groaned, grabbing the empty mug out of his hand and looked into disappointingly looked into it.

"You shouldn't be talking, considering you've been doing that to me for two years now," Alex retorted, taking the mug back and standing up to put them in the sink. I stretched out my legs on the now unoccupied sofa. 

"I'm going to miss these sweatpants when we leave," I sighed, admiring the soft grey material.

"No one's stopping you from wearing them on the train," Alex called out, rinsing some of the dishes. 

I beamed, glad that Alex was not only my mate, but my best friend as well. 

**********************************************************************

Hi guys, HAPPY 2018!! 

How was your new year? I hibernated and then finished Clockwork Prince at 3 am, with tears streaming down my face for Will Herondale. Ah, what a great way to start the year :') 

Lmao enough about my depressing ass, thoughts on this chapter though? Kate is just a sweetheart LOL. 

Anyways your girl's birthday is coming soon :D Only 4 more days until I  get to stuff myself with cake, haha so I'm excited for that. 

Alrighty welp thank you so much for reading and voting, I'll catcha' later ✌️

-Popclouds