Chapter 25- "Your head is on my boobs"

Start from the beginning

"It's your choice if you want to go back, no one's forcing you to go. Honestly, if you never want to hear from him again, we just block his number and move on," he said.

"No, I think I'm going," I muttered, thumbing the edge of the bedsheet between my fingers. "I might get the chance to see Amber and Arizona again. . Though I also want closure with Dominic."

"That's really brave of you, Dest. You're 18 and can make your own choices, and I know you're trying to be the bigger person here, but it would kill me to see you get hurt by him all over again." Alex sighed, squeezing my shoulder. The dim light of the lamp outlined his features, illuminating his defined jaw and soft lips. His long eyelashes swept over his cheekbones every time he blinked and I wanted to capture this very second.

I swiftly turned around to make sure our room door was closed before leaning in to whisper,

"That's why you need to mark me."

His forest green eyes darkened a few shades and they flitted to my neck.

"Dest-- I want to but. ." his voice sounded strained and he struggled to form the right words as I leaned in closer. He didn't finish his sentence as he met my lips and kissed me until my head began to spin. I held onto his shirt and ran my hand across his jaw. He turned me over and pinned me against the bed, his lips dangerously close to my collar bone. We were both breathing hard.

"I could mark you right here and right now," he purred against my skin. "And it's hard to control myself around you."

He slowly lifted his head up, but still had my wrists pinned on each side of the bed.

"We've come this far, together, Dest, and I don't want to lose you. If we wait a few more days until I turn 21, then the mating bond will definitely last. If I try to mark you right now, the chances that the mark will last until tomorrow morning are slim-- And I don't want to risk a messed up bond when we can still wait." He trailed a few kisses up from my neck to the corner of my lips. "I want everything we have together to last, and I want a strong mating link too. Okay?"

I nodded.

 Alex really cared about our relationship, and he was right, it was hard for both of us to hold back. He was also right about being careful about the mating bond; The fact that we weren't predestined mates made it almost impossible for a proper mark to last unless one of us were 21 or older. Too many things in our lives had gone wrong, and we had to make sure that this was not going to be one of them.

A few moments later, Alex lowered his head down onto my chest and nuzzled his face into my neck. He closed his eyes and exhaled softly when I combed my fingers through his silky brown hair. I would wait an eternity for him. 

"I'm going to sleep," he murmured, pulling the blanket over us with one hand.

"Then get off of me, fucker," I groaned, trying to push his head away. He didn't budge yet encircled me with his arm. 

"You're kind of comfortable," he yawned, shifting his head slightly.

"I kind of don't care," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"I can feel your heartbeat," he chuckled. "Can you please turn off the lamp?"

"Well no shit, your head is on my boobs," I proclaimed. 

"You have nice boobs," he mumbled sleepily. 

I could feel my face heat up. Of all the idiots I could've chosen as my mate, it was this one.

"And now your heart race just sped up," he chuckled. I flicked the side of his head and then turned off the lamp.

"Shut up, dumbass, I didn't ask you."