We both quickly exited the vehicle and went up to her door, pounding it and ringing her doorbell.

"NYPD! Open up!" Levi called out as he waited for any response from the other side of the door. It was silent at first, scuffling gradually growing from behind the door. It sounded like the sound was approaching the door, however it was slowly fading away after a few seconds, almost sounding like a panic or if they were forgetting something.

Levi pounded on the door again. "Ms. Lupul! NYPD! Open the door!" He yelled for her to hear.

"Just a minute!" Her anxious voice called out from behind the door. A few moments passed and she arrived at the door, turning the knob and opening it. Her face was bland and had a few freckles dusted across her cheeks, all barely noticeable. She had short hazel hair just ending at her chin and chocolate colored eyes with emerald green intertwined within them.

But the only thing that looked familiar to me was the scar that ran along her face, jagged and long from above her eyebrow and ending at her cheekbone. It was practically identical to the Grim Reaper's scar. Maybe I was wrong, maybe he was a girl, or he got a sex change at some point to avoid suspicion, or we were being jerked around and this is all coincidence.

"Ms. Lupul, can we ask you some questions?" Levi asked her in an authoritative voice.

"Oh, uh, yeah." She replied with a soft and timid tone, getting out of the doorway and letting us enter her lavish home. We entered into an open foyer, lightly decorated with grand, elegant paintings and plants in corners.

"Very nice place for an office worker." Levi commented as he took in his surroundings.

"Yeah, Mr. Melsburg pays his workers very well. He was very generous the last few years with us since the company really took off." She explained as she closed the door, gesturing us into another room. "We can talk in the dining room."

Levi and I followed her into the massive dining room, almost too big for any home. She guided us to the table and motioned us to take a seat.

"Why did you ask a lawyer to cease our investigation?" I began the questioning with the one we were both wondering the most. She sat down and looked at us with confusion, furrowing her eyebrows slightly as she searched our eyes for an answer she couldn't find.

"I... don't know what you're talking about." She replied hesitantly, barely shaking her head with uncertainty.

"Don't lie to us. We got a warrant and asked Derek Princer who hired him to try and stop our investigation. He said that you hired him." I informed her, getting a slightly more stern with her to get what I needed, an answer.

"No, I really don't know what you're talking about!" She said with a defensive tone, bringing her hands up and shaking then denyingly. "I never hired any lawyer! I didn't even know that there was an investigation until the day you guys interrogated me!"

"Okay, then who did?" Levi intervened with a relaxed voice, trying to calm us both down.

"I don't know! I don't know anything about this!" She snapped in an uptight voice. "I think it's time for you guys to leave now." Sarah growled at us as she crossed her arms, looking uncomfortable with our presence.

We had no choice but to obey her request, so we got up and left, thanking her for her time to which we were met with a door slammed behind us. Silence fell down between us as we left her neighborhood, returning to the precinct after stopping by our apartment, to gather our information on the case, to go over what we learned in a better environment.

"What else do we know about Sarah?" I asked as we entered an office in the precinct, taking a seat and going over everything we knew about her. Levi pulled out the laptop with all of the information on our case and set in on the table.