Chapter 29- Fan vs Fan

Chapter 29

12-3 GAME DAY!

1 Month since miscarriage

(Abbi's POV)

"Babe seriously I am okay,"I told Julian as I finished straightening my hair. I knew my efforts would be in vain because of the humidity here. Even though it's December, it's been very hot. Hot compared to our 10 degree weather back home.

"Abbi we talked yesterday and you were planning on going to the game on the sidelines. You get drunk last night, I tell you no to sex and now you don't want to be on the sideline anymore at the game,"I flinched at the part where he retold the story of my antics last night. I wasn't as under the influence as I pretended to be, I was drunk don't get my wrong, but I do remember what I did. I wanted to see how far I could push Julian and my top falling off in the pool gave me the perfect opportunity.

I turned off the straightener and then walked out of the bathroom to stand in between Julian's legs that we draped over the edge of the bed. He needed to leave in 10 minutes but instead of getting his stuff together he was in my room worrying about me.

"Come on Jules look at me,"he sat up on the bed and pointed his baby blues towards me. I brought my hands up to his cheeks, cupping his face.

"Abbi I'm just worried about you,"He confessed staring into my eyes. I could see that he wasn't game ready, he should be completely focused right now and worried about winning today.

"I know you are babe, but I need you to focus on the game. I want to spend one last game in the stands as a fan before I come back and experience the game as a trainer. When I am on the sidelines it's my job and I am analyzing plays to see how people got hurt. When I am in the stands I get to cheer you on and just worry about you on the field and not the whole eleven people I am responsible for,"I explained my motives for watching from the stands today and I watched a smile slip over his face.

"Okay, as long as you are just sitting in the stands so you can watch me,"He teased and lifted his face up to place a kiss on my lips. I kissed back softly relaxing in his arms.

"Now go kick some Dolphin ass,"I told him as I pulled away backing up so I wouldn't be tempted to continue the kiss.

"Only for you,"He winked and walked out of the room as I felt the corners of my lips turn up, the man was crazy, but I was in love with him.

XXXXXX

"I don't even know why I bothered to put make up on,"Addi complained. I could feel the moisture in the air as my tank top clung to my body. It was December but it was still humid as hell in South Beach.

"I'm regretting spending time straightening my hair,"I pushed my sunglasses up on my nose as I observed the boys running into the locker room getting ready for pregame. Thoughts of water and Gatorade rehydration swam in my head as I prayed that Sophia had gotten extra help for today. Because of the heat the boys were going to cramp up more than usual. They were used to playing in ten degree weather temperatures in December.

"Stop worrying, you're here as a fan not a trainer,"Addi read my face and I rolled my eyes taking another sip of my water. I had chose not to drink after what happened last night. Addi and I both were nursing slight hang overs but nothing terrible.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it." I wanted to get back on the sidelines now that I was sitting in the stadium.

"Relax, in two weeks you will be right there on the sidelines, hopefully in Gillette if everything goes our way this game." The music started blaring throughout the stadium and I watched Julian lead the team out of the tunnel, it's game time.