A change of additude

Start from the beginning

“Well I guess we better find you a bathroom then.” She said with a laugh and a smile. I might just like her I think to myself. She goes over to the grey cupboard and grabs a pair of hospital booties.

“I am not wearing those I will go bare foot.” I growl raising my eyebrow at her.

“Ok fine. But I wish you wouldn’t argue so much.” She mumbles

“Ha not going to happen lady.” I scoff

“Why in the hell do you have to be so goddamn stubborn!” she exclaims. I don’t respond because I really need to pee I just smirk and leave it at that. Lynda hand cuffs my hands in front of me for precaution. What I get up I notice I am a bit dizzy and my vision is slightly blurry.

“Lynda I need some help I’m a bit wobbly.” I laugh. She walks over from the door and puts her hand around my shoulder to steady me; she gives me a sweet smile and leads me out of the room into the equally as white hallway; this place is so bright I think to myself, I’m going to get a head ache. The two minute walk seems like forever when you have to pee as bad as I do. The flimsy gray door opens when I push on it to see a very bright washroom, what the fuck was up with these people and their disrespect for sensitive eyes I think as I fist my eyes. I close the door behind me and hear Lynda say something about me behaving I didn’t care. I feel a sudden rush of relief once I go to the bathroom. Flushing the toilet; I walk over to the sink and scrub my hands singing happy birthday twice. I walk out of the bathroom and look at Lynda who is inspecting her nails.

“Ok where to now boss?” I question piling on the sarcasm with a thumbs up.

“This way.” she says pointing down the hall to my right. We start to walk in the same direction as before and before long I can hear two people talking; there is a man’s voice and what I’m guessing is a teenage girl yelling coming from down the hallway. When they come into view I can see the girl was strapped into a wheel chair and the guard behind her was pushing it.

“Let me the fuck out you stupid mall cop!” she exclaimed thrashing about. The guard ignored the girl as if she wasn’t there; he looked utterly bored. I would have laughed is I hadn’t had noticed Lynda tense at the sight of the girl. “I’m not kidding I will slit your throat in your sleep you stupid asshole.” She screamed turning around to see the guards reaction which was less of a reaction then a deaf and blind person would have gave. Our two groups pass each other and girl sticks her tongue out at me.

“Have fun love.” She mumbles. I give her a sideways glance and a smirk.

“I will.” I whisper, she probably couldn’t hear me anymore but I didn’t care. My stomach twisted as stressed racked my body with shivers. We walk up a door that is labelled testing facility. When Lynda pushes open the door I am taken aback at the scene in front of me. One big bed in the middle of the room and what looks like thousands of torture devices all around it. My heart starts to race as I lay my eyes on huge needles.

“Have I mentioned I am completely terrified of needles.” I gulp down a lump in my throat.

“You will be fine it’s not as bad as it looks.” She says calmly

“Obviously you cannot begin to fathom the depths of how fucking serious I am.” I hiss throwing venom into my words

“Can you not swear so much, it sounds bad coming out of you.” She said inspecting her nails again.

“Who’s testing me and for what?” I ask eyeing the scalpel’s on the table beside the bed in the middle.

“His names Dr. Glen and I’m not sure what he is testing you for what is marked down on your sheet.” She says with a shrug.

“I love how you can be so calm.” I say sarcastically glaring at her. We sit in silence for a long time waiting for the doctor to come. I can hear the constant ticking of the clock and the dripping from the sink. Finally an older man comes in along with a burly guard.

“Ok so were not doing anything to serious today.” The older man says.

“Well what are we doing?” I ask.

“We are doing a blood test and a few others just to determine a few things.” He said looking over the paper in front of him. I sighed and furrowed my brow in irritation of all the half answers I was getting. I was getting sick of all these people really fast and I was ready to cut someone. I lay down on the cold steel table and just kept telling myself that needles aren’t a big deal, needles aren’t a big deal, and needles aren’t a big deal…..

“Ok so just stay still and we can take the twelve vials and you will be good to go.” He said grabbing a huge needle off the table.

“Twelve vials.” I whimper feeling my lower lip tremble. I open my eyes just in time to see him come at me with the needle. I flip myself off the table and grab a scalpel and point it at them. “Nope I’m not doing it I can’t.” I yell trembling. I hear the doctor sigh and see Lynda shake her head.

“Get her please. She’s the first fighter we have had in a while.” He sighs running his hand through his thin hair.

“Don’t come any closer, I’m not scared to hurt you and I won’t hesitate.” I hiss at the guard. He doesn’t take my advice because he takes swipe at me and I dodge it knocking over some supplies. “I said not to do that didn’t I!” I scream at him jumping on his back; I wrap my legs around his waist and I put the scalpel up to his jugular. I looked at the doctor and Lynda who are staring at me in astonishment as to why a hundred and thirty five pound girl can over take a huge gorilla man.

“Now if you do what I say you will be fine and if not…well you don’t want to know what happens then.” I say with a giggle. I can see the sweat run down the side of his face and the look in his eyes telling me he feared for his life. “All I want to happen is for you two to leave and then I’ll let him go and everything will be fine.” I say calmly. Before they can obey the guard tries to flip me over, the way my legs were wrapped around him kept me on his back.

“Hunny just get off him and put the knife down. I’ll take you back to your room. You don’t have to do them right now.” Lynda begged approaching me with her hands up. The guard pushes me up against a wall so I am squished between him and the wall; I drag the scalpel across his jugular and his blood sprays the surround walls and coat’s my hands. I smirk and let go of my grasp on him letting him fall to the ground by my feet. I look to both the other people in the room and see the terrified expressions on their face.

“I told him what I wanted he chose to dis obey me, he caused his own death. And plus I said I wouldn’t hesitate.” I shrug going over to the sink to wash the blood off my hands. When I look in the mirror blood is all over my face and my hair is covered in it. Hearing the door open I look behind me and there are several guards with tranquilizer guns in their hands. I feel two pinches in my calf and the last thing I remember before I pass out is thing awe man not again.