Chapter Seven: Did You Make Him Do That?

Start from the beginning

"You have a doctor's appointment," he informed me.

I was confused. My mom never told me I will have an appointment. But if it meant getting out of here....

"Your sister-in-law is picking you up."

"Wait, I don't have a sister-in-law. That doesn't even make any-"

"You shouldn't be so forgetful of these things, Naomi," said Brennan as she walked into the classroom.

The whole class went dead silent. I looked around and saw everyone had their eyes locked on her. Girls wanted to be her and guys wanted to be with her. I didn't seem remotely surprised at Jordan and Declan's faces when they saw her. But Dominic didn't look at her, his eyes were on me questioning how I know her. Bennett, on the other hand, looked like he wanted to throw himself out the window.

Brennan looked used to the spotlight on her and ignored the treatment. I saw her eyes scan the room.

"Sorry, they told me to wait in the main office but I believe my little brother is in this class- Oh there you are Bennett!"

Bennett groaned and banged his head multiple times against the table.

I don't even think this is Bennett anymore.

Brennan came up to my table, looking impatient. "Come Naomi, we have to go to your doctor's appointment now."

"Um, ok, sister-in-law..." I said slowly, packing up my things. After all I experienced, I believed it was best just to not resist anymore.

Someone whispered, "How are they related if they're sister-in-laws?"

"Brennan..." Bennett began, looking both flushed and furious, perhaps figuring it out.

"Take me with you," Jordan pleaded.

"No, take me," Declan said. "I'm strong, I can carry your things."

"I'm strong too," Jordan protested.

Declan laughed. "You can barely lift your backpack. I've seen you struggle."

"That's only because I've been working out the day before and my arms were sore," he said lying through his teeth.

It brought to question what actually happened to him.

"Class, class, please calm down," the teacher started before turning to Brennan. "Miss-"

"I'm apologize for all the disturbance I caused," Brennan said, moving disturbingly close to the teacher who backed away by sheer intimidation. "If there is anything I can do to make things right..."

Bennett looked up to the ceiling. No, he was looking beyond, he looked to the sky, to the heavens. "What did I do to deserve this?"

Brennan motioned me to leave and I quietly obeyed. I looked back at the mess she created in the classroom and followed after.

She really was a storm.

-

"What is with your family and kidnapping?"

We were driving in a car whose brand makes me unworthy to even dream of riding. I had absolutely no clue what I was doing here.

"Apologies, sweetheart," Brennan said. "We Fraziers tend to bend people to our time schedules, or wills, mostly wills." She paused for a moment. "Oh, but someone else beat me to it? Was it Bennett- No, it couldn't be..."

"Your brother, Bentley," I told her.

She let out a laugh. "Always the trouble maker. I need to go visit him sometime, especially as punishment for bothering you. He's always avoids me when I visit. Oh, he'll absolutely love it when he sees me."