[5]

Naima's p.o.v

I can't sleep, I've just been thinking way to much. When Elsea told us she lost almost all of her friends today, I started questioning things.

"Grayson" I whisper lightly to see if he's awake, because I saw him moving slightly a few minutes ago.

"Yeah" he grunts without facing me, but at least I know he's awake.

"Can we talk? I can't sleep, I just have a lot on my mind" he slowly turns to me as I talk and I take that as a yes.

"I guess, you okay darling?" He says while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Yeah, but after what happened to Elsea I'm starting to question if we are made the right decision raising them in the public eye. This isn't supposed to happened to a teenager, life is hard enough as it is for her. Maybe we pressured her too hard"

"Naima baby, we have done everything we possibly could have for them. I can't imagine us doing anything different, and I'm sure they feel the same. We made a decision back when we were 22 and had Els and sure, we could discuss if that was right or not. But all I know is that our children are healthy and are happy, isn't that what matter?" He says and moves closer to me, putting his hands around my hips.

"I just feel like she doesn't deserve what happened" I sigh and he plants a kiss on my forehead.

"She's a tough girl, you know that. I mean, her mother are you for goodness sake" he chuckles and strokes my cheek. It's crazy, 20 years later I still get the chills when he does that.

"I love you" I smile and he cups my cheeks with his hands.

"I love you too" he brings his lips to mine an we work in perfect sync for a while before I pull away.

"I'm gonna go make some tea, maybe it'll help me sleep" I say and he release me, and I walk away.

I stop by Elsea's room on my way to the kitchen and I stand in her doorway, looking at her. I still feel bad for putting her through all of this but Grayson's words helped me a bit. The funny thing about Elsea is that she's a female version of Grayson and Ethan. Her dark brown hair, dark eyes and her body structure, the jawline of course.
And let's not forget her height, she's 5'9 and she grew past me when she was just 14 years. She's such a daddy's girl it's kinda cute, but I love her endlessly.

"I love you" I whisper before closing the door, moving on to the kitchen.

[~~~~~~~~]
A little something in Naima's p.o.v for y'all! Hope you enjoyed, even though it's short 😅
PEACE ✌🏼