[3]

Next Friday
Elsea's p.o.v

This whole week Justin has ignored me completely. He's acting like last weekend didn't happened at all, he won't even look at me and it drives me crazy. He's giving me mixed signals, one night we make out and the other he's ignoring me. Maybe I'll get the answer tonight, this kid in school is having a little house party and I'm going with my girl friends.

I don't know how to do this smooth though, should I dress up? Dress down? Damn this is hard, but maybe I shouldn't try this hard.

That's what I should have done, not try to hard. Yet I stand here, in my sexy, black outfit for the night. I don't know why, but with the girls encouraging me it just happened.

And here we are, outside the party about to go in. I look around and realize that the girls are gone, great. I lost them in matter of seconds, the night is off to a great start. Anyway, I decide to get in on my own.

The music is blasting through me as I make my way through the crowd of sweating bodies, looking for Justin. Someone offers me a red plastic cup but I decline, I assume it's alcohol and I don't drink. Good girl, right? That's how daddy raised me, I won't surrender to the pressure.

I've looked all around the room now, and I haven't found him yet. Maybe he's not here? Oh wait a minute, I finally see him in the corner of the room. I easily know that it's him, his blonde, curly hair can't be mistaken.

I walk closer to him with a smile but that smile quickly fade when I see where his tongue is. It's shoved down Amanda Smith's throat. My gaze goes blank and I swallow the tears that's threatens to spill. My head is empty but I manage to get my phone up while I'm storming out of the house. Olivia tries to stop me, but I wave her off and she lets me go.

I dial uncle Ethan's number while I'm outside, sitting by the roadside.

"What's up kiddo?" I chuckle a little with the tears coming though, because that's exactly what dad says.

"Hi, can I ask you for a huge favor?" I say and shallow the tears.

"Of course"

"Can you pick me up at Winston St? I want to leave this party but I don't want to go home" I say but my voice cracks mid sentence, which of course makes him skeptical.

"Yeah sure I'm getting in the car right now. Are you sure you're fine?" He says concerned and I hear the engine start.

"Yes, I just wanna leave"

"Alright, I'm coming in 5. But I can't drive and talk, I'll be there before you know it" he chuckles and I join him.

"You better not drive and talk, bye" I cut the line and take a deep breath.

The only thoughts going through my mind is of course he didn't like me, he's a fuckboy. How could I be so stupid?  How could I ever think I was special? Obviously I'm not, otherwise it would be me in there making out with him. And Amanda, how could she? We're friends, we even came here together and she knew about me and Justin. This is exactly why I don't trust people, they always show their true side sooner or later. 

I see a car slow down when it gets near me, but I only see the lights thanks to the tears in my eyes. The car stops completely and soon Ethan is by my side, starting by pulling me up from the ground then embrace me in a hug.

"Come on, hop in" he says after a while and I manage to hop in on my shaky legs.

"What happened in there Els?" He asks concerned but keeps his eyes on the road. He and dad is basically the only ones that calls me Els, which makes that nickname even more special. Guess they are more alike than the looks.

"A boy, Justin, that I've been fooling around with for a while just made out with one of my friends in front of my eyes. A twist is that the friend knew about me and Justin, and did it anyway. Things happened with Justin yesterday and I thought we could finally be something" I say and look down in my lap, not because I'm ashamed to talk to my uncle about these stuff but because it just sound so ridiculous "sorry, I just realized how silly that sounds"

"That bitch!" He exclaims and chuckles. I giggle and dry my tears. "I'm so sorry Els, I don't know what else to say"

"No need, I'm just thankful that you're willing to pick me up at 11pm. I don't want mom and dad to see me like this"

"You know, you don't always have to be their strong girl. It's okay to be vulnerable sometimes, they'll love you endlessly no matter what. But I will text your dad that you'll be sleeping at our place tonight, no details" Ethan says as we pull up at his driveway.

"I don't know how to thank you, I love you" I whisper as I get out of the car, walking over to his side. I give him the biggest hug ever before we walk inside the house. By the way, Ethan and Jennifer also lives in Beverly Hills since a few months ago, but like on the other side so we don't live close.

"Are you okay darling?" Jennifer says as soon as she sees me and my smudged makeup. I nod with a small smile.

"I am now, it's been a rough few hours" I simply say and she looks at me concerned, but in the corner of my eyes I see Ethan nodding towards her probably signaling he'll tell her later. I don't mind though, I usually tell her everything.

"That explain your outfit" she says looking me up and down and I laugh "Bryant and Aimee is sleeping, so don't be too loud" Jennifer warns and points a finger at us "but I'm going to bed, goodnight"

Bryant and Aimee is their children. Bryant is 12 and is what he would call himself 'a cool guy' while Aimee is 10 and is more the shy, cute girl. They are too young to understand any of this anyway, so it's better that they're sleeping. And yes, Bryant is named after the photographer Bryant, who was Ethan's friend and photographer when they were young.

Ethan gets some ice cream while I take some blankets and make the couch cozy. He comes back with the ice cream and sits down on the couch and I lay down with my head in his lap. He hands me a spoon and we start eating.

"I just thought he was different, you know? I though I could be his special one. I was beginning to fall in love with him, what was I thinking?" I say while I take some more ice cream.

"Els, be honest with me. When you said that something happened last night, you didn't mean that you slept together, right?" He says concerned and I almost laugh at him. Partly for the question, but also the way he said it, drop dead serious.

"Nope, no sleeping here. Only some making out"

"Good, because he's not worth it. Do you know how many girls I dated before I met Jen?" He says and now I'm getting curious.

"I have no clue" I say honestly and look up at him.

"I had 6, what I thought was, serious girlfriends. The point is, you're gonna fall in love so many times before you find the one you'll be with forever. Now you're just one broken heart closer to a happily ever after" he states and he's so damn right.

"You're so wise Ethan, what would I do without you?"

[~~~~~~~~~]
PEACE ✌🏼