Ch.27: Heaven in Hell

Start from the beginning

Ace nods his head and wraps both arms around Lucifer's waist. After four months of teleportation, he is finally getting better with it. Occasionally he will still get a headache or dizzy spell from the form of transportation, but nothing too severe.

Lucifer smiles at his boy and wraps his own arms around him. He kisses the top of his head as he teleports them to their destination. He doesn't let the boy go once they reach the area, instead, Lucifer pulls Ace's head up and kisses him lightly on the lips.

Ace's heart skips a beat as Lucifer gently kisses his lips. Lucifer does that often, stealing gentle kisses whenever he can. When they first met, Lucifer was sweet, but he liked rough hot kisses. Now, he still loves the rough hot kisses, but he's also come to love the sweet gentle kisses. Ace loves every kiss Lucifer gives him though.

"Take a look, love," Lucifer uses a gentle voice, which surprises Ace.

Ace smiles at him before he looks to the side, his eyes widening impossibly wide until they actually hurt, and he fears his eyeballs will pop out of his head. Ace snaps his head to the other side, then spins in Lucifer's hold. Everywhere he looks amazes him and renders him speechless.

"Lucifer," Ace gasps once he manages to find his voice. "What is this place?" He speaks in a low tone, afraid that if he speaks too loudly he will ruin the serene atmosphere.

"The demons call it Heaven in Hell," Lucifer informs as he rubs small circles with his hand on one of Ace's hips. "They are not wrong,"

Ace shakes his head as his eyes snap from one thing to the next, not able to look at any one thing for long. The area is lush with green foliage, tall green trees, and mountains in the distance. The area looks out of place from the rest of Hell that Ace has seen so far, yet he enjoys it immensely.

"Lucifer, is the air cooler here?" Ace suddenly asks. Lucifer's presence is what keeps Ace from burning up outside of the castle, but here, the air doesn't feel as scorching hot.

Lucifer smiles and kisses his mate's temple. "Yes, my love. This is a piece of Heaven graciously given by God himself. This used to be in Heaven, but God thought I needed something to remember home by, so he gave me this. The air is cooler because Heaven is cooler,"

"Wow," Ace breathes out. "This used to be in Heaven? You mean, Heaven isn't in the clouds?"

Lucifer chuckles. Perhaps he could take Ace to Heaven someday. It's not like it's forbidden or anything. He would just have to make sure Ace didn't leave his side for even a moment because his siblings are bastards and would try to harm Ace.

"Yes and no," Lucifer answers. "Heaven has many entrances, one of those entrances happens to be in the clouds with a massive golden gate. Another entrance used to belong to this area we are in now, but once God gave it to me, it no longer works. There are even entrances scattered all around Earth, very few are lucky enough to find them though,"

Ace nods his head in complete fascination. He is looking at a piece of Heaven. A beautiful piece of Heaven. He had no idea Heaven could look like this. He always imagined winged people flying around in the sky and sleeping on fluffy white clouds. He couldn't have been more wrong. At least this piece of Heaven he was wrong about. Lucifer did say there is an entrance in the clouds.

"What does Heaven look like?" Ace wonders as he leans back against Lucifer in contentment.

Just being in this place makes Ace feel wonderful, more wonderful than he has ever felt before. He feels calm and happy. Like nothing bad could ever happen. He feels safe here, especially with Lucifer holding him from behind.

"Like everything," Lucifer answers. "Heaven is hard to explain. It looks like this," He sweeps one hand out to gesture the greenery surrounding them. "It looks like the clouds you imagined. It looks like floating islands and waterfalls. It is almost as beautiful as you, Ace Nova Williams," He whispers the ending in the boy's ear, and then kisses it.