Italy

Moon's POV

"Finn, One hour to Porta Corsa."
"Thank you, Stephenson."
I smiled as I heard Finn's voice. I had left him on a cliffhanger from when we last talked. And I could tell that it bugged him so. But he has decided to say nothing. And I was not bothered by it. We were presently fitting Mater's disguise as the lemons tow truck. Finn and Holley continued to talk, I watched but didn't quite listen.
My thoughts went to my associate.
Then to Finn's friend.
They were the same.
Even though I never met my associate, I considered him as a friend. Finn and My own friends were both caught and both killed by the same villains. Finn and I were more alike than I thought. I turned away from the group and shot a small mechanism from my wheel, then an allusion programed hologram of myself appeared, I used my built-in computer to make some modifications. I suddenly heard Mater talking very fast and loudly. I turned and chuckled seeing Mater telling his computer to change his disguise to many different trucks. Finn smiled at me before he pushed a button, stopping Mater's madness.
"The idea is to keep a low profile, Mater."
"So I just go in, and pretend to be this truck."
"And leave the rest to us." He says with his signature smile that I found irresistible.
Dang how has he not been picked up by any female?!
Did I seriously just think that?
"Your dents are valuable?"
"I come by each one of them with my best friend, Lightning McQueen. I don't fix these. I want to remember these dents forever."
"So you were being serious in Paris? McQueen isn't just part of your cover?" Holley asked, her voice laced with confusion.
"Friendships can be dangerous in our line of work, Mater." Finn says, joining their conversation. I gave a small quiet chuckle.
Says the one that had a friendship with Leland. Then again I'm not any better. Wait...if  friendships are dangerous, then what is love?
My smile fades as my mind ponders on that thought.
These feelings for him...do they mean nothing in his mind?
Finn's voice snaps me out of my world. "In the meantime..." he presses a button and the walls transform into a massive weapons cache. "You look a little light on weapons." The look on Mater's face was quite amusing but I instead turned back to my hologram shutting it off and sighing, watching Mater go crazy trying to pick weapons. Finn moves to where he was next to me, chuckling. "They remind me of me and Leland when we first got our weapons." I laughed at that. "I can barely imagine you like that." There was a blush on his face that I missed as he looked at me. I met his gaze and then nudged him. "We shouldn't live in the past..." I said in a British accent. He laughed at that. Then continued his quote, "But always remember the mistakes we made so we can learn from them." I laughed with him. Then shook my hood in Mater's and Holley's direction. "Looks like they could use your help." He smiled then pressed the side of his hood to mine for a brief moment and left before I got a chance to comprehend what just happened. It was my turn to blush as my eyes widened. Holley sent me a knowing look which made my blush worse. I only hid it by turning away.
Dang, I love him.

*timeskip*
I was sitting beside Finn at the outdoor cafe on the casino grounds. I was watching the ocean below as Finn talked with Mater. "Impossible. Just apply the same level of dedication you've been using to play the "idiot tow truck" and you'll be fine." Finn said with a smile.
Boy, that was harsh.
"It's just that them guys look pretty tough and --- Wait, did you say "idiot"? Is that how you see me?"
"That's how everyone sees you. Isn't that the idea? I tell you, that's the genius of it. No one realizes they're being fooled because they're too busy laughing at the fool. Brilliant!"
Man, poor Mater. Wonder what he's thinking.
Soon Holley joins us, stopping on the other side of Finn, watching and seeing everything that Mater sees. She talks with Mater, trying to get him to stop talking. I pay no attention as I see the race has started. We suddenly hear knocking in the room that Mater was in. "Here we go..." Finn says as we all move in closer to get a look of the car that runs this whole operation. The doors open and instead of the boss car, Professor Zundapp appears. Everyone released the breath they forgot they were holding.
"Zundapp, when is he coming?"
"He's already here."
A monitor decends from the ceiling, showing the engine from the photo but this was a live video as the engine was being worked on. The voice that follows is a deeply garbled and scrambled voice where there was no way to distinguish who it was.
"Welcome, everyone. I wish I could be with you on this very special day but... my clutch assembly broke. You know how it is." The Lemons all nod in understanding.
"Descramble that voice." Finn orders.
"I'm trying...it's too sophisticated." Holley says, already on it. I had a terrible feeling that something wasn't right. I activated my senses as I heard the racers approach. Suddenly the Brazilian racer bursts into flames. I search the rooftops until I spot the camera. Without saying a word, I race away from Finn and Holley. "Moon! Where are you going!" I hear Finn yell but I don't stop as I race through the streets of Italy. I hear another bang as another racer blows. I get to a point where I can speed onto the same tower where Grem and Acer were. Before I'm able to move I hear a familiar engine. Finn shows above the two cars on the tower. He doesn't spot me.

Finn's POV

I speed forward to leap onto the tower where the camera was.
Suddenly, I freeze in midair.
A magnet pulls me up and a helicopter pulls the magnet with me still attached away from the tower. "We figured you might stop by!" Acer yells. Then, I suddenly spot a flash of deep cherry red as Moon leaps onto the tower, pushing Acer and Grem away. She attaches a cord to the camera and my eyes widen as I'm reminded of something.
There's only one agent I know who can do that!
But my thoughts stop as a scream hits my audial. I look down at the scene to see that Moon was electrocuted from the camera. She passes out as the cord dispatches and Acer and Grem approach her. "No!" I yell as I watch them take her away and aim the camera at another racer.
Helpless to do anything.

*timeskip*
I'm suddenly thrown into a trailer. With a grunt, I hit another car as the darkness surrounds us. "W-who's there?" I hear a familiar groggy voice.
Moon!
"Moon. Is that you?" I say as I press my frame against hers. I hear a small, weak chuckle. "Can't be anybody else..." I gave a small hum from that, and I feel my lips quirk into a small smile.
She can always make me smile. I guess....that's why....I love her.
I press my side against hers, wanting to protect her from everything that was happening. Suddenly, I hear a hissing sound as a sleeping gas starts to spread through the trailer we were in. I heard Moon start to cough as she tried to fight it.
She can't! She already weak from the shock!
I turned to face her and tried to think of something quick to calm her. I shudder as a thought crosses my mind, and finally act on it. When her coughing ceased into soft wheezing, I moved forward swiftly and pressed my lips to hers. They glide smoothly and perfectly over hers as I feel her stiffen then relax into the kiss.
It's working.
I break the kiss as she breathes steadily. "W-why..." she mumbles softly as the gas slowly takes control. "Shhhh. Just relax. Don't fight it. We'll get out of this. I'll protect you. I promise." I say as my eyes start to shut. She relaxes and I can tell she's out from her steady breathing as I move back beside her and press myself protectively to her. I feel her shift to where she is against me and I hear her sigh. Then finally shut my eyes and let the gas take over me.
Stay safe, my lovely Moon.