American Gone

Rod Redline's POV

As I clung to consciousness, I looked down at the multiple troublemaking cars below. The Gremlin, called Grem, and the Pacer, named Acer, were shooting dirty looks up at me. "You tricked us real good." Said Grem. "And we don't like being tricked." Acer finishes. I chuckle to myself. "Hey, what's so funny?" Acer challenges. As my chuckles cease I answer, "Well, you know, I was just wearing a disguise. You guys are stuck looking like that." They suddenly drop me harshly onto the platform, lock me down, then hitch up a container of Allinol gasoline to me.
"Allinol? Thanks, fellas. I hear this stuffs good for you." I say sarcastically.
"Allinol by itself is good for you." Professor Zündapp rolls from the shadows and presses a button, causing a treadmill under my back tires to start moving to racing speeds. "But after microscopic examination, I have found that it has one small weakness. When hit with an electromagnetic pulse, it becomes extremely dangerous." Grem pushes a world Grand Prix TV camera in front of me, aiming it towards me. "Smile—for the camera." I give him a harsh look. "Is that all you want? I've got a whole act." I snap sarcastically. "You were very interested in this camera on the oil platform. Now you will witness what it really does." Professor Zündapp informed. "Whatever you say, Professor." I reply with another sarcastic remark. Acer pushes a TV monitor in front of me. On it, surveillance pictures from the party. "You talked up a lot of cars last night. Which one's your associate?" My mind went instantly to my fellow American Agent, Lunar Eclipse, at the Pacer's question. They better have not captured her. I hope she is alive and safe. Quickly I hid my thoughts. "Your mother. Oh no, I'm sorry. It was your sister. You know, I can't tell them apart these days." I snapped defensively.
"Can I start it now, Professor?"
"Fifty percent power."
Grem switched the camera on to halfway. "This camera is actually an electromagnetic pulse emitter." Zündapp informed calmly. The screen changes to a picture of my disguise-car talking with a female car. "What about her? Did you give it to her?" I grit my teeth. "The Allinol is now heating to a boil, dramatically expanding, causing the engine block to crack under the stress, forcing oil into the combustion chamber." Zündapp continues. An audible crack in my interior resonates around the room. The screen changes to another picture. "What about him? You talk to him?" Acer pushes. I ignore him, and growl to Zündapp, "What do I care? I can replace an engine block."
What's he playing at?
"You may be able to, but after full impact of the pulse, unfortunately, there will be nothing to replace." The Professor keeps a straight face. Grem turns the machine up to near critical. My breath comes in pants from the heat of my interior and the pace that the treadmill was pushing me. The screen changes to a picture of the tow truck in the bathroom. "How about him? Does he have it?" Acer states.
Then I do the most stupid thing that an agent can do.
I take a double take to the screen and hesitate. Zündapp's eyes widen and he looks to the screen. "That's him. He's the one." The Professor backs to the shadows towards a phone. "No!" I shout. As the professor finishes a call to what sounded like his boss, he turns towards me and speaks to the rest of the group. "The project is still on schedule. You will find the second agent," Zündapp kicks the cameras power on full. "and kill him."
I'm sorry, Moon.
Was the last thought that went through Rod's mind before he blew into a fiery inferno.