Chapter 33

(A/N): there's going to be a time skip- a huge one- to get the story going. **REMEMBER- I'm not going by the story line! There aren't many chapters left!
---------------
*Months Later*

Hayven's POV

It's gone. The one hope we had of surviving is gone. The prison, everything gone. One minute we're laughing around a camp fire, next, the greedy, furious Governor blew up the whole place. The terrible fight left us with nothing. We were thankfully, all together.

We searched and searched for shelter. Finally, after a long search, we spotted an abandoned church.

Or so we thought.

Army soldiers lined the building, well armed. We quietly made our way over to the building. Once and a while, one of the men would look around if we accidentally stepped on a twig or such. We finally made it in through a back way, which was surprisingly, not guarded.

This is too easy, I thought to myself.

The walls were a dark mahogany, the floor covered in a dark, brown rug. A cage sat in the middle of the room.

"A cage?" I ask.

"Stay here," Rick instructs.

He stalks up to the huge, metal cage, searching for the reason.

"Hayven, come here for a second," He calls me over.

I walk over to the cage, arrow loaded in bow. Blood layers the cage's floor. My nose scrunches at the smell of it. I have no idea what happened here, only that it's bad. Are they killing people on spot? What would they do if they found us in here?

"Well, dear sister, we're about to find out aren't we?"

I said that out loud?

"Ugh!" She fists the air, grunting, "You're, so, you. So, oblivious."

"Darcy," I whisper, my voice cracking, "You're not dead?"

A wicked laugh spills out of her mouth, "You really thought I was dead? No, I was just living my life, my own way."

"You didn't even bother to make any contact?" My only sister, is now standing in front of me.

She steps towards the group, obviously not afraid of all the armed people in front of her, "This is a nice group you have here. Oh, hello Julia. Long time, no see."

"Why are you here?" Julia spits, her bow loaded and aimed at her head.

"Oh, I help run this place. Make sure everything's in place. To make sure the cage fights go as planned," She smiles.

"Cage fights? How did you let this go on?" I ask, this isn't the sister I knew.

"Really? Live a little Hayven!"

She must have been forced into this, i swear. I hope. She wouldn't let this go on without a good reason. What has she gotten herself into?

Another women walks in with a young boy, followed by two or three army soldiers.

The women with red hair puts her hand on Darcy's shoulder, "Thank you, Darcy, for taking care of this group for me."

She nods, walking out. The young boy with short, brown hair sits on one of the church benches and props his feet on the bench in front of him, putting his hands behind his head. Glad you're relaxed.

"John, what do you think about these people?" She asks him, smirking at us.

So, his name was John.

"I don't know, they seem to know too much," John smirks, leaning back more into the bench.

"We don't want any trouble," Rick says, stepping forward.

"You the leader of this fine group?" The red head asks.

Rick looks at us. We all nod, knowing he was the one who got us this far.

"Yes, and we don't want trouble. We just want a place to survive."

"Wonderful! They will do great things to help us. Don't you think John?" John smiles at her as she continues, "My name is Jenny. May I know yours?"

I scoff at her. She's not knowing my name. I don't believe one second of this act she's got going on.

"Rick," He says, stepping up. He motions for us to say ours.

A few of us list off names, others, not saying one word. I look over at John, I can tell he's enjoying the scene. With his feet still propped up on the bench, his hands behind his head, I glare at him.

"What about you then?" John suddenly exclaims, "Hayven, right?"

I scoff at him, murmuring, "Good job Darcy."

A smile creeps up on his face, "What was that? Didn't hear any denial. Your sister is a bright one isn't she? She's got some secrets doesn't she? She did leave you and your father behind."

Right now, all I want to do is shoot his head off. I clutch the grip on the bow, anger spreading throughout my body. The smirk on his face grows, and I can't take him anymore. I draw my bow back, aiming at his head.

A laugh erupts from his mouth. That's it. The arrow flys through the air, zipping past his head. Bullseye. I hear him gasp, his hand touching his ear.

"You..." I see the blood drip from his ear, and I smile.

"Sorry, not sorry!" I exclaim, "Get higher on the list of my bad side, and I won't miss next time."