Chapter 12

*EDITED*

Don't forget to favorite!

Oliver

Losing my sister was something I didn't want to do. I pace back and forth. She is out there alone, cold and probably scared! She could be bitten, killed or even taken hostage! The rage builds up inside me, my fists clench at my sides. I stop pacing and walk over to the white brick house. I sit down and lay my head back as if nothing is wrong in the world. I'm just back at home playing with my sister and hanging with my family. Crunching of leaves snap me back to reality. Hayven stands over me and sits down in front of me.

"Hey," She starts off, "I'm really sorry about losing your sister. There was so much stuff in the world going on that I didn't have the time to notice anything."

"I should have saved her myself," I don't wanna blame myself, but it's true. I wasn't there to help her.

"Hey, look at me. We are going to locate this girl, and she's going to be just fine!" Right with that, she nods her head and walks away.

Hayven

Walking away with a promise, makes you think a little. How will I find her? She might even be dead by now. No. She can't be. She only been gone for an hour. I sit down on a patch of dead brown grass, and put my head in my arms, pulling my legs up to my stomach hugging them.

- - -

Crunch,

Crunch,

Crunch,

My head instantly pops up. I grab an arrow from my quiver bag, ready for anything. I locate the sound and turn around ready to stab a walker, but instead a get a brown haired boy that looks about my age and a girl that looks similar to Katie. My eyes grow wide, that is Katie! I run up and grab Katie, not caring who the other boy was.

I yell, running up to Oliver, "Look who I found!"

Oliver runs up and I let Katie go, having them run into each other falling to the ground. I turn around and look at the other boy, just standing there. His messy brown hair reminds me of someone, just can't put my finger on it. We make eye contact and staring into his big brown eye. I knew who he was.

"Dominic?" I ask, walking towards him slowly.

He gives me a look, as if studying my face. Then his eyes grow wide, running up to me. He hugs me really hard. I can barely breath.

"Hayven? I thought I'd lost you!" He kisses my forehead.

"I can survive more than one day!" I laugh.

I hug him, putting my head on his chest. He kisses me passionately. We don't notice everyone staring at us, we are just happy we are in each others arms again.