The Lost Half: Christmas Special!

unedited

(this does not go into the plot, just a random special)

 It is the dawning of Christmas day and comfortably a certain redhead laid. Her body tucked warmly under a cover with cups of hot cocoa, one after another. Naomi ignores the snow falling outside her window. She ignores the sound of children playing and cheers of fun and stares at what's in front of her. Another cup.

Naomi has no plans for the beloved holiday. Just to sit around and enjoying the massive amounts of hot chocolate and tea Jiraiya has sent her. And I mean, a lot. She was tired out from yesterday. The sight of couples going out and exchanging gifts with each other left a salty taste in her mouth. Not only was it annoying, it was also extremely inconvenient since Christmas cake was sold out at every bakery an store. 

If anything, the one thing Naomi looked forward to every year is two things, Christmas cake, and fried chicken. Like everyone else. But since she did not have a significant other to spend her time (and her money) with, she uses her currency to buy an excessive amount of food.

Suddenly, an alarm goes off. Naomi stares at the clock in disgust, but her eyes widen when she remembers the very important reason. She scurries around the apartment, multitasking furiously. In five minute she is able to put on her heavy coat, gloves, a scarf, brush her teeth, comb her hair, and be out the door. Though she wasn't expecting to run into anyone. 

Literally.

"Katsuro, what are you doing outside my door?" Naomi asks with a hint of urgency in her tone.

"I've come to ask if you have plans for today.

"Uh, I kinda do, and it's kinda urgent."

"Oh." He was obviously upset. "What are you doing, Naomi?"

"I need to run to the bakery and buy Christmas cake, or they will run out again!" Naomi exclaims, now fidgeting nervously with her fingers. "Wait. What are you doing at the moment?"

"Nothing but I wanted to-"

"Great! You can help me!" 

"Wait! Naomi if you'd just wooAHHH!"

It was too late for him to say anything more, for Naomi has dragged him across the floor. She pulls him like a reindeer, running fast to their destination. They reach the heavenly place just to have their smiles turned upside down. The line was humongous. It leads out the bakery and along the wall of neighboring businesses.

Naomi drops Katsuro's hand. Thinking of her next step, Katsuro approaches her to convey his message. "Naomi. You don't have the wait in line. Just-"

"I got it!" Naomi holds up two fingers on each hand like a cross. "Shadow Clone Jutsu."

Katsuro is immediately terrified and confused about why there are twelve more Naomi's in his view. If only if she had listened to him at the beginning. 

"The plan is, one Naomi stands in each line across the Leaf Village for Christmas cake, including myself. After I get the delicious cake, I'll get the fried chicken and Christmas is saved! The plan is full proof ya know."

Katsuro is not even given the chance to utter any words to her as they all disperse like ripples in the water. He sighs in frustration and trails the real Naomi. Why do I put up with this?

So each Naomi stands in line, confident they will be able to attain the beloved sponge cake. But as minutes, hours go by, she is nowhere close to grabbing the cake. As person after person leave the shop with a cake, worry builds up. She twidles with her fingers as she watches the line get shorter and the sun lower behind its mountain. Still no cake.