Friends are Great

Some time has past since Team Eleven's escort mission for the Fugioka family. Ever since then, they have been going on many missions, Lady Tsunade became Hokage (which Naomi is still a little upset about), and the village has been successfully rebuilt.

Naomi currently sits at home enjoying the week break she has been given. She is not out with her team training because she wants. No. She needs some time alone from the slightly annoying boys and nagging Sensei.

As she waits for her rice to cook, she looks for a blank piece of paper and begins to write. Her leverage isn't the cleanest, but it is readable. She presses against the paper hard. The pitter patter of the pencil against the wooden table echoes across the room. Naomi was to focused on scratching out wrongly said words and writing that she doesn't notice that her rice is starting to burn.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, NO! Not my rice! I don't have the patience to make more! If this burns, I'm going to get dumplings."

As Naomi turns off the heat and pours the white rice into a bowl, she hears a knock on the door. She yells it is open, and the visitor surprises her.

"Hey, Naruto. What brings you here?"

"Aw nothing really. Except that you have been gone for the past week without say or notice. So I came to check up on you." Naruto takes a sniff of his surroundings and smells something slightly burnt. "What's that smell?"

"Rice. Do you want some?"

"Okay!"

Naruto leaves his sandals by the door next to Naomi's. As he sits at the wooden table, Naruto notices the paper she was writing on. "Hey Naomi-san, what is this for?"

Naomi turns around to see what the whiskered boy was talking about quickly snatches it out of his hand. Naruto is now determined to see what was on the paper so he begins to reach for it. Naomi almost loses it and stuffs the entire thing in her mouth.

"What! No fair!" Naruto exclaims as he crosses his arms. "You're going to have to spit it out anyway, and I'll be ready."

Naruto hears a very loud gulp from her. Innocently smiling, Naomi goes back to pouring the rice in a bowl for Naruto.

"I can't believe you swallowed it."

"You won't believe the many things I do, ya know?"

Naomi takes her place across from Naruto, enjoying the slightly burnt rice. She enjoys his company and talks about all sorts of things like her travels to other villages. Another knock on her door strikes her attention and yells that it is open. The door reveals a familiar pinkette with a basket of fruit.

"Hey Sakura! What bring you to these parts?" Naomi exclaims as she gets up to give her a hug.

"Oh I missed you that's all. I missed hanging out and whatnot." Sakura looks down at Naruto to see him sloppily eating rice. "Hey Naruro."

"Hey Sakura-chan!"

"Would you like some rice? It's only slightly burnt."

Sakura nods her head and takes her seat next to Naruto. Naomi serves the rice and places the bowl in front of her.

"Thanks for the food!"

"Let me guess, Sasuke is coming over next." Naomi says stuffing more rice into her mouth.

"Why would he. Right now he is training."

"As usual."

"I would be training too, but I happen to have feelings and miss Naomi." Naruto says.