“Oh hey, State Champs and Citizen are playing this show too?”

“Yeah, you like them?

“I do! I’ve seen them both at a small concert back in Chicago. Kinda impressive that you’ll be sharing the stage with them, they’re both amazing live and on the record. You and your band better step it up!”

The train stopped to halt at my station. “Well I’m gonna make sure that by the end of that night, you’re gonna think the same thing about All Time Low too” Alex called out to me as I stood up, waved to him, and left for work.

———————

*The Next Day* (Saturday)

Alex’s POV

The night of our show was tonight and I was super stoked about it, so were the other guys. I had texted Rachel for a bit last night and I re-invited her to the show and she accepted my invitation. She had also invited me to hang out at her house and then we could go to the venue together, since she was still unsure about the whereabouts of the venue and parking near it, and of course I couldn't turn that down.

I had just pulled into the venue parking lot and walked inside, meeting up with my bandmates. I told the guys about my plans with Rachel and they were both impressed with how our little friendship was going and at the same time mocking and teasing me like the 8 year olds they really are.

“Rachel and Alex sittin in a tree! F-U-C-K-I”

“Shut it, man! You do realize that your mic is on!” I walked over to Jack kicking him in the shin as we were testing out our mic’s.

“That’s why I started it, so she can hear you all the way from her house and fall in love with my song and me!”

I shook my head as I heard Zack and Rian laughing at our idiot friend…even the crew was laughing too.

“Alright guys, take a break for a couple of minutes, we gotta fix up the main speakers” our sound tech told us.

“So how is everything with you and Rachel anyways?” Rian asked me as I went to sit over on the drum kit riser.

“Really really good. We both know a lot about each other, and I know that I sound like such a girl, but I think thats helping both of us get close. It sure as hell is helping me getting to know her and theres barely anything that I don’t like about her” I said to him, a smile on my face the whole time.

He leaned over from his stool and patted me on the head, “way to go, Gaskarth!”

After our quick soundcheck, around 4:30 I left to go to Rachel’s house for a few hours. I was in such a good mood, I blasted and sang along to my music the entire way there. Although it was getting hard to fully lose myself in the music because of the insanely strong winds blowing mine and everyone else’s cars.

Rachel’s POV

“And once again we warn you of blackouts happening in and around the state. A number of blackouts have already been reported and growing at a quick rate because of the harsh winds affecting cable boxes and electrical plants.”

I was watching the news because of curiosity of the whole blackout situations that have been happening in other states, and it looks like it’ll be hitting a lot of us tonight, hopefully not during the concert. Alex was going to be coming over pretty soon and I was just relaxing as I waited for him, internally screaming at the fact that he had invited me to see All Time Low, State Champs, and Citizen tonight. A minute later, I heard my doorbell ring and I jumped off my couch, heading down the stairs to answer it. I did take a second to look at myself in the mirror and adjust my clothes before heading to the door, because I did wanna look good for Alex.

“Hey there! Come in!” I said to Alex very cheerfully as I opened the door.

“Oh god, its a disaster outside! You got a nice place though, wow!” He said, literally jumping inside, shivering from the harsh winds.

“Here I’ll make you a coffee if you want?” I said grabbing his jacket and he nodded back at me, “make yourself comfortable and I’ll give you a tour of the house!”

———————

Hours later, Alex and I were sitting on my couch watching Ace Ventura: Pet Detective on Netflix and eating chicken wings I quickly made. It was almost 6:30 and I knew we would have to leave soon, so I tried closing my eyes for a quick rest, that was, until Alex gently hit my arm.

“Wakey wakey! We still have a show to go to!” he said in a sing-song voice, laughing at me.

“Yeah I just figured that I-” Black. Everything went black. “Shit.”