Chapter 15: Butterflies

I walked out of the school building and towards the stairs. It was very peaceful, the opposite of how I have seen it in the previous days. I feel light in my steps. I wonder what's making me so happy all of a sudden? what changed?

Towards the top of the steps are Liz and Patty. I approach them energetically with a wave. "Hey, Y'all! what's up?"

"Oh hey (Y/n)!" Patty exclaims. She jumps around me like a child.

"Where's everyone else?" I ask. No one else is anywhere near us except a few students I don't recognize.

"They went ahead to the roller dome, so we offered to stay back and wait for you," Liz explained. "Shall we go?"

"Oh heck yeah!" I feel genuinely excited. I've never been rollerskating, so this should be an adventure.

As we walk, Patty talks aloud, sort of to herself. "Now that I think about it, Kid really wanted to wait for you. He got sad when we said we could walk you. I wonder why... OH WELL."

Liz chuckles lightly. "I think I have a few ideas on why." My cheeks redden at Liz's side-eye. As much as I would like that to be true, I have my doubts. "So anyway, What's been up with you lately?"

"I'm not sure. I'm really sorry guys, I feel so uncertain mentally and I'm not sure why." I sigh. A sudden craving hits and I decide to take out a piece of candy.

"Well has anything changed as of recent that may have affected you at all?" Liz asks.

"Mmmm, I don't know... I don't think so," I reply. I unwrap the candy and hold it for a moment as I ponder. "Maybe I'm not getting enough sleep?"

"Let's get ice cream!" Patty screams, running towards a stand nearby.

"Oooh, that sounds so good!" Liz excitedly follows Patty. I stare at the candy with wonder. Something... affecting me? I'm about to eat the candy when Liz calls after me. "You coming?"

I stare at the candy for a moment. "Uh-Uhm, yeah!" I toss the candy in a nearby trashcan and run to the stand.

I can't help but feel as if I'm being watched...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, we arrive at the roller dome and I manage to get the skates on. As I'm about to stand up, Kid approaches me. He looks me up and down, and after adjusting my hair to be more symmetrical, he smiles in approval.

"I'm glad you chose to attend today," Kid says calmly.

"Me too!" I say. "I've never been skating before!"

"Oh really?" He asks. After I nod he chuckles slightly. "Well, then this should be interesting." He skates slightly away and then looks back at me. "Are you going to get up?"

"Uh, yeah," I respond timidly. I attempt to stand but immediately wobble and sit down. "Eheh, I'm not too good at this. Admittedly, I have the balance of a two-legged turtle."

"A-a what?" he laughs before approaching me once more. "Here, I'll help you." Kid grabs my hands and helps me to my feet.

I manage to keep to my feet as we roll to the skating arena, but once my feet hit the wood, I fall backward and land in Kid's arms. He helps me up and we continue. He helps me get the hang of it as we go around. Soon I am standing on my own. Kid insists on holding my hand just in case I need the support, and I don't mind that at all.

"How is it that you've never been roller skating before?" Kid asks. "Your parents have never taken you?" He raises an eyebrow towards me.

"Oh," my smile drops a little. "Well, my Dad died when I was really little, so he never got the chance to do fun stuff with me. And as for my mom... I'm just thankful she fed me." I look off to the side as I remember my mother's abuse. I can see Kid's sad expression out of the corner of my eyes. "We never did fun stuff."

"Oh, I'm sorry to bring up bad memories," Kid apologizes, sort of squeezing my hand.

"Naw it's fine. I'm skating now, right?" I smile at him in reassurance and squeeze his hand back.

"Right!" He replies. We continue to skate for a few hours. Butterflies grow in my stomach each minute I spend with Kid. What is this feeling?

Soon we leave and walk home. "Liz, Patty, I'm going to walk (Y/n) home, so I'll meet you at home." Kid says.

"Why don't we just go with y-" Patty starts.

"We'll see you at home!" Liz interrupts with her hand over Patty's mouth.

"See you guys!" Maka shouts. I wave at her and continue towards my house.

"I had fun today," I say looking up at the sky. "I never knew anything could be so amazing. Best night of my life."

I feel a warmth on my hand. I look down and see Kid's hand on mine. I comply and lace my fingers with his. I look up to see a blush on his face. We stay silent the rest of the way to my house. Once we get there, I bid him goodnight, and he watches me go inside.

I set down my keys and empty my pockets. Some money, a paper from class, a pen, and some candy are taken from them before I take off my jacket. I set those things on the kitchen counter and turn to go to my bed.

I stop mid-step. An eerie feeling washes over me and my eyes widen. I think back to what Liz asked me earlier.

"Well has anything changed as of recent that may have affected you at all?"

I slowly turn back around and take careful steps back to the kitchen. Once again, I have the feeling of eyes on me. Once I get back to the kitchen, I pick up the piece of candy.

The candy! The candy has been controlling my mind! Where did I get this from..?

...

I gasp loudly and drop the candy.

Irama.

I turn around to dash to the door. Before I get there, I run straight into a chest. I look up to see the same red eyes I've been seeing for weeks, but now I know that they're evil. Before I can scream, Irama covers my mouth. I feel a pinch on my arm and look to see a syringe. My vision slowly blurs. I feel him pick me up, and the last thing I hear gives me chills.

"Don't worry my dear, your purpose will be fulfilled soon."

~~~

A/N: Heeeeeey. *Hides behind Kid* I'M SORRY OKAY!!!! IT'S BEEN SO LONG I'M SORRY. I'll be surprised if anyone is even still around to read my story. I hope you like it anyways. Things are getting interesssstttiiinnnggggg. See. y'all later!