Chapter 8: The New Student

He unties his mask to reveal a face that I know very well. I stand there, stunned. I don't know what to do or what to say. I stare at him with wide eyes and my mouth is slightly agape. The man in front of me is the same man who has been haunting me in my dreams. I swear that he smirks for a second or two. Then his face turns back to one of innocence and he waves a hand in front of face.

"Hello, earth to (Y/n)," he says.

"H-how?" I manage. I cannot believe that I didn't recognize him from his hair or his voice. Now that I look closer, Irama's eyes are the same piercing red ones that mock me when I sleep.

He raises a brow at me and his mouth forms into a smile. "What do you mean 'how.' Are you drunk or something?" He asks in an almost mocking tone. Before I can utter another word, Kid walks up to us.

"Hey, (Y/n), sorry about that. Those girls over there just had a few questions," Kid says to me. I smile, knowing that I'll be safe with him. I don't know why, but I feel calmer and safe when Kid is around. Kid looks over to Irama and puts his 'way-to-polite' face on. "Ahh, you must be the new student Father has been talking about. My name is Death the Kid, but my friends call me Kid. It's nice to meet you."

Irama puts out his hand to shake and Kid takes it. "Nice to meet you Kid, my name's Irama Levaya."

Well, at least I can put a name to the face. But I feel like that's even more unsettling...

~~~~~~~~Time skip to Monday~~~~~~~~

After the party last night, I went back to Maka's house with Tsubaki (and of course Maka) to get my stuff. Liz and Patty took their stuff with them to the party. I didn't even notice. Apparently, I'm not an observant person. After I packed up my stuff, I went home and crashed on the couch. Which would explain why I have a sore back.

I do the usual morning routine and head over to the kitchen to grab a bite to eat. I open the fridge and cabinets to find that they are empty. I groan really load.

"Damn it! I forgot!" I yell at myself. I was supposed to get groceries on my way back to the apartment yesterday, but I had completely forgotten.

With a sigh I walk to school. I have a frown on my face and a slight slump in my shoulders. When I get to class, I sit near the back as usual and get out my drawing pad. I finished the other drawing of Irama on the bodies a few days ago. So, I turn to a new page and ponder what to draw.

I decide that I'm gonna do a drawing of Someone different. I begin to draw the outline of Kid. I don't know why but he's the first guy that came to mind. Just as I finish the outline of his body, someone speaks to me from behind.

"Whatcha drawing?" I turn around to find Liz peaking over my shoulder. I immediately shut my book and hug it to my body.

"N-nothing!" I shout, flustered.

"Oooh~, is someone drawing a picture of their crush?" She teases.

"N-no! Why would I be drawing a picture of Kid?! I just decided that I wanted to draw a body. Maybe this person is gonna be a girl. You never know!" I retort, my cheeks flaming.

Liz smirks at me. "Who said anything about Kid?" Oh. Fudge.

"I-well-you know-it's just-you said-ugh!" I slam my head onto the table and groan. "You say anything and you die."

Liz laughs at my flustered face and pats my back. She walks over to Kid and Patty and I pull out my notebook again.

"Whatcha drawing?"

"Ugh!" Once again I look to my side, only this time Irama is the one peering over my shoulder. Once again, I close my book and pull it close to my chest. "I-it's nothing! Its just a doodle."

"Mmhm, Sure," he replies. He sits next to me on my right and pulls all of his books out. I glance at him from the side. I don't trust you.

He looks over to me and smirks. "Like what you see?"

"Whatever," I roll my eyes and set my school books out. Something small hits my arm and I look down. A bar and an apple sit by my arm.

"You look grumpy. Thought you might be hungry," Irama says casually. He turns his attention toward the front of the room as Professor Stein falls into the classroom. How did he know?

I hesitantly eat the food, but I have to admit, it's good. Maybe he just looks like the guy from my dreams. And sounds like him. And his attitude is similar. Okay, so he's definitely the guy from my dream. But what does that mean?

~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~

After class, Kid comes over to my seat. "Hey, (Y/n), are you busy Friday?"

"Not really, why?" I ask.

"Liz, Patty, and I are going to the mall to buy a few things. I want to know if you wanna join us," he replies in a joyful tone.

"Sure, we can go after school," I suggest. I sling my bag over my shoulder.

"Great, see you later," he smiles before walking back to his weapons. I love that smile.

Wait, what?