On the evening, I go to the campfire with my friends, taking the wrapped gift for Will with me. When I reach the campfire, the group of us who were involved in the secret santa all group together and give our gifts to Piper, who then hands them out.

I know that Hazel has gotten Rachel a set of watercolour paints, and Reyna has actually gotten Leo duct tape, as I suggested. I'm not sure what anyone else got, though, as we're not opening them until tomorrow.

~~~

"Nico! Wake up!" Hazel shakes me. I mumble incoherently and bury myself further into my bed, until Reyna rugs them off me.
"Up, Death Boy." She says. "It's Christmas. Open your gifts."

I groan and roll out of bed, then remember that the others all slept over in my cabin. Most of them are already awake. Rachel and Frank, in bulldog form, are also awoken by Hazel, and then that's all of us.

All of us still in our pyjamas, we open our presents. I open my gifts from Reyna, Hazel, Jason and Percy (given to me before he went home), then get to my secret santa gift. I unwrap it and face-palm.
"Okay, who got me this?" I lift up the bright rainbow t-shirt, with I'm So Gay, I Can't Even Think Straight emblazoned on the front in black font.

Jason chuckles, and I turn to him. He holds his hands up.
"Not me."
"Uh, that was me." Somebody admits. I look around and see Will holding his hand up meekly. I blush and smile.
"It's a bit colourful for my taste, but thanks." I say. The others open their gifts, but I keep my eyes on Will.

Finally, he opens his. It's a home-made gift. A notebook from the camp shop, with different favours written in each page, as a sort of coupon book. There are multiple sheets with the same favour written on them, such as me helping out in the infirmary for a day, bringing Will a coffee or a snack, et cetera. Some are things I'd happily do, but some are things I'd never offer to do otherwise, such as clean up his cabin.

I wrote "Happy Christmas, From Nico" on the inside cover. He opens it, flips through it, and smiles my way.
"Thanks."

We sit and chat for a while, then the others start to go back to their cabins. When almost everyone is gone, Will pulls me aside.

"Hey, uh, I actually got you something else as well. "He says quietly, looking at his feet. He hands me a small box. I tentatively open it, then pull it out. It's a necklace, with a heart-shaped pendant on it. It spins slightly, dangling from my hand, and I see that on one side, it's black, and on the other it has the colours of the rainbow, a bit more toned down than the shirt, thankfully.

"Oh, wow, thanks." I smile, blushing furiously. "I kind of feel bad for not getting you anything else, now."
"Oh, it's fine." He replies. "And hey, you can always give me this." He hands me a slip of paper, and I see its from the coupon book. Except...

"I did not write this." My face can't possibly get any redder. "This- this is Hazel's handwriting."
"Oh." He says. "Well, that does explain a lot."

One free kiss. I'm going to- well, not kill...- I'm going to be very cross with Hazel for the next hour.

"Is it still good to use?" He asks sheepishly. I stare at him.
"Are you serious?"
"Sorry." He cringes. "I shouldn't have even said anything, I just-"
"No, Will. I mean, are you serious? Do you actually want to kiss me?"

A blush is steadily creeping into his face.
"Uh... Well, yeah, actually. I... I've wanted to for a while now..." I laugh.
"Seriously? I've wanted to kiss you for months!"
"Wait, really?" He asks, eyes wide with shock.
"Yeah!"

"Oh... Oh, wow." He grins. I lift the slip of paper up.
"Okay, how about this: you take me out on a date, and then maybe I'll kiss you." I joke.
"Okay, how's tomorrow afternoon for you?" He asks.

"Wait, really?"
"Sure... If- if you want to, of course, I mean you don't have-"
"I'd love to." I smile bashfully. Will beams at me.
"Okay, see you then, I guess."
"Yeah."

He leaves, both of us smiling, then Hazel approaches, a shit-eating grin on her face.
"I'm still mad at you." I tell her unconvincingly.
"Sure, Neeks." She replies sarcastically. I shake my head, smiling.
"Thanks, though."
"No problem." She nods. "And merry Christmas."

A/N: Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or anything else you might celebrate! And if you don't celebrate anything at this time of year, then have a great random Monday tomorrow!

solangelo oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें