Soulmate AU- Injuries

Every injury your soulmate gets appears on your skin too, but without the pain. When they die, you die too.

Warning: contains self harm and bullying. Don't read if you're sensitive to that or it's triggering for you.

NPOV:
"Hey, freak!" Somebody hisses. I don't turn around. Instead, I try to focus on the teacher. People continue to taunt me, but I ignore them. Somebody throws a crumpled ball of paper off my head. It lands on my desk so I pick it up, then foolishly uncrumple it.

Written across it in large, red writing are the words 'Nobody likes you. Just kill yourself.'

I close my eyes as I stuff the paper in my pocket. I probably would kill myself, if I wasn't so selfless. Not only would my half-sister and father lose me, but my soulmate would die too.

Unfortunately, we're all connected to somebody, and every injury we acquire is also given to our soulmate, but without the pain. That means that if I die, they die too. Countless people have lost their children because their soulmate has died, and sometimes it's in brutal and heartbreaking ways, such as explosions and shootings. I mean, imagine your kid suddenly exploding. They won't feel it, but it's still very gory. I never want to have children.

Another note is thrown my way, but I don't open it. Somebody kicks the back of my chair.
"Read it, loser." They order me. I shake my head slightly, and they kick it harder, knocking me forward into my desk. I grit my teeth and grab the sheet of paper, then open it up and scan the words.

Your sister killed herself because of you.

That's it. Tears blurring my vision, I stand up and walk out without being excused. I briskly walk down the hallways until I reach my locker, then I lean against the wall and slide my back down it, sobbing.

The bell rings, and before I can get up, people start walking down the hallways. I almost get trampled to death, but I somehow manage to avoid getting my head getting kicked in. When most of the people have gone to lunch, I stand up shakily.

Then they arrive. My tormentors, the people I live in constant fear of. They smile and step forward menacingly, as I take a step back and bump into somebody else. I turn around and find must face-to-face with their leader, Will Solace.

I gulp as he smiles menacingly, then steps forward before slamming me against a locker. He always avoids my face so he doesn't get in trouble, but I can practically feel the bruises everywhere else starting to hurt.

I close my eyes as his fists hit my chest and he shouts abuse at me. I crumple and he lets me fall, then kicks my stomach before walking off.

I groan and squeeze my eyes shut until the worst of the pain has passed. I pity my soulmate. They won't feel any of the pain I get from these beatings, but they'll have the bruises.

That doesn't stop me from cutting though.

That thought just makes me want to do it. The need for relief consumes me as I grab my bag and run into the toilets. I lock myself in a cubicle and pull the blade from my bag, then take a deep breath and make the first cut.

At first I feel guilty for giving my soulmate these scars, but soon enough I stop caring, making cuts all the way up my arm and watching the blood flow.

The door to the toilets opens and I freeze as I hear somebody saying a string of swear words. I hear a tap start running as he person starts muttering angrily to themselves.
"What kind of idiot does this to themselves when they know it's gonna affect me?" A familiar voice asks angrily. I realise with shock that the person is Will.