Chapter 9 - Hogsmeade

Start from the beginning

He was still much lighter than he should be...

He sighed gently, picking his wand up and muttering a spell, a series of numbers appearing from the wand.

"7:39..." He sighed.

There was about twenty minutes until Harry and him had to wake up.

He decided simply to get up now and wake Harry up later.

He carefully picked Harry up and laid him down on the bed, draping the blanket over him and tucking him in.

He pat his head gently before leaving the room, casting a silent warming spell on the blanket and shutting the door behind him.

He sat down in front of his fire with a cup of tea, thinking about how his day would go, when his fireplace flared green, and Remus stepped out.

"Remus.." Snape observes with surprise. "What are you doing here so early?"

"Sirius broke into Hogwarts. Supposedly tried to kill Ronald."

"Weasley?"

"Yes, Weasley."

Snape scoffs. "What exactly do you expect me to do about it?"

"Nothing. I don't expect you to do anything. However, Sirius is in danger trying to get to Peter here."

"Peter?" Snape asks. "As in Peter Pettigrew?"

Lupin nods.

"Nonsense. Peter Pettigrew is dead."

"That's what he wants everyone to believe. Peter is an unregistered Animagus. He's a rat. Ronald Weasley has a pet rat that's been in his family for 12 years. How long ago was Peter presumed dead?"

"Twelve years ago..." Snape mumbled. "That is just a mere coincidence!"

"That's what I thought - until I remembered something I saw on the train. Scabbers only has 19 out of 20 fingers."

"He's missing a toe? So?"

"The last part any of the Aurors found of Peter was..."

Snape gasped softly in realisation. "His finger..."

Lupin nods.

"So Peter is in the castle..."

Lupin nods again.

"Damn.." Snape sighed, leaning his head against his hand.

At that moment, Harry came trudging out into the living room, yawning, the large blanket wrapped around his shoulders and dragging on the floor.

"Good morning Harry." Lupin smiles, and Harry nods sleepily, shuffling up to Snape and climbing into his lap, snuggling up to him for warmth, despite already having the warming charm on the blanket.

"Did you have a bad dream?" Snape asks gently, and Harry shakes his head, hugging Snape around the middle. "Missed you..." he murmurs, and Snape and Lupin chuckle.

"He's been clung to me like glue... Keeps crawling into my bed with me." He says quietly with amusement.

Lupin smiles a bit. "You and him have formed quite the connection."

Snape nods, stroking Harry's hair gently, and Harry soon fell back asleep.

Harry woke up an hour later to Snape telling him to get ready to go to breakfast.

He got up sluggishly and shuffled to the bathroom to get a shower and get dressed.

He'd brush his teeth after eating.