"What have I done to you? My story interferes in nothing in your life."

"That's what you think," I said in a whisper that just I could hear. "I still cannot digest the fact that you deceived your parents."

"I know I'm a bad son. Maybe someday I tell them. I just don't think it is necessary that this happen now. I'm sorry if I disappointed you."

"I couldn't have expected more coming from you. I always knew who you were."

"You are wrong; the part that you know about me it is just what the people say. I have many qualities too. I hope you have already noticed some, besides me being beautiful," He smiled, and I blushed because I agreed with the last word that he said.

"Douchebag!"

"This is not a quality."

"But is perfect for you."

"Let's go, Elle! I do not want that you think I am a monster. I just want you to talk to me. Seriously, you are the only person that I have close to a friend now. I need you around."

"Okay, I need you around too," I said a little shy.

In the afternoon, we agreed to go to the mall. I liked to see that Ben wanted to get out of the house. Carla was not overjoyed that I invited him, but her mood improved after she asked Fernando, and he accepted her invitation. A couples program that our partners would not know it was a program for couples, she said.

I went to get Ben in his house. Carla and Fernando would meet us in front of the mall since they live in other neighborhoods.

It has been more than half an hour that we were at the bus stop, and this was already causing frustration in Benjamin. Two buses had already passed, and none of them was suitable for wheelchairs. Ben wanted to leave, but I convinced him to stay, after that, I said to him that Carla e Fernando was already waiting for us. I am sure he assured himself, especially after I had mentioned the name of Carla.

I gave the signal to catch the bus. The bus conductor was in a bad mood stamped on his face for helping to put Ben's wheelchair in bus elevator. It took a while until the elevator went up and I appeared a little worry. When I asked for the third time if all was working right, the bus conductor said for me to leave him alone, and that I could do it better if I wanted. Ben told him to get lost attracting some curious glances and to make my shame worse; the bus was crowded. Ben guided his wheelchair in the proper place, and I stood. I was irritated by the way that the people looked at him.

"Elle, take a seat!"

"There's no empty chair," Ben does not answer me. He just caught me by the waist pulling me, and I fall sitting on your lap. My face flushed as more people stared at us. "Why did you this?"

"First, with you on my lap hides my face. I don't like how people stared at me, is embarrassing. Second, I don't like to see you standing. Boys should offer their seats to the girls, but since I cannot give in mine, it is fairer you sit here with me," I understand this how one of the qualities of Ben. He was kind to the girls.

It was almost forty minutes in that disconcerting scene for me. I did not look Ben directly in the eyes at any minute.

We met Carla and Fernando at the entrance to the mall. I had never spoken with Fernando before. Like me, he was timid. He volunteered to help Benjamin with the wheelchair, but Ben, I do not know why was short and sweet refusing help. I do not want to believe that he was jealous of Carla. How I wish I did not think.

After of a lot of insistence of Carla, we decide to watch a romantic comedy, so we would not stay only me the romanticism and bore the boys. In the line to buy the tickets, I could not stop looking how much a blonde girl stared at Ben. He, Carla and Fernando were waiting for me a few inches from the line. I was so distracted by the scene that the seller needed to be asked twice what the movie that we were going watch was. I bought the ticket and went to them. I looked again at the blonde girl and after to Ben. The wretch was flirting with her.