Silence...

'Come on Elsa speak!' Elsa shouted to herself in her mind. 'Speak! Just say something! Anything!'

"Cook whatever you want," Elsa said then unfolded the newspaper.

Silence...

'Cook whatever you want? Really? Is that the only thing that comes from your mind?' She sarcastically thought to herself.

'Shut up!' Elsa snapped. 'I am the introvert here' she sighed as she continues to argue with herself.

Why is it so hard to start a conversation with Jack?

'You were the introvert.' Her mind is emphasized as it argues back.

Jack shook his head, what a selfish wife.

She should be cooking breakfast for him, that's what a wife does for their husband right?

He frowned, wait! What? What was he thinking?

A soft knock caught their attention. Their eyes immediately found each other at the same time.

"I'll get it" Elsa volunteered and left Jack in the kitchen.

She needs to get away from him. There's a riot in her mind that she was starting to argue with it.

How insane is that?

She inhales deeply.

'Okay Elsa just focus!' she chanted quietly in her mind as she opened the door.

A woman was standing there holding a wooden basket with handmade cookies and smiling at Elsa.

'Back to work, Elsa' Elsa told herself.

The woman in the front of her is their target's wife and seeing the woman standing here in their front door makes their work easier.

"Honey" Elsa loudly called inside never leaving her eyes to the woman in front of her.

Jack sips the coffee and looked at his wristwatch when he heard Elsa loudly said 'honey'.

"Honey? Who?" he whispered frowning. He went to the door and peak.

Elsa was standing there and saw Jack peaking. "Honey, come here. We have a guest" putting a sweet smile on her lips.

"Me?" Jack mouthed, pointing at himself. His heart was beating faster by just seeing that smile.

Is it normal to react to something like that?

Elsa raised both of her eyebrows trying to communicate with him silently.

He inhales deeply to calm his heart and regain his posture then walked toward Elsa. Jack unexpectedly snaked his arms around her waist and look at the open door.

A late 30's woman stood there gently smiling at them and he immediately recognizes her. She's Mrs. Black, their target's wife.

"Good morning" he greeted smiling at the woman.

"Oh! Good morning" The woman smiled back, "I'm Mrs. Black, and I live next door" The woman introduced herself.

Elsa's mind couldn't process what the woman was saying. Her mind was focus on the body that was next to hers. Her body felt strange as she felt his warm body.

She kinds of likes it.

"Jack Frost" Jack introduced himself, raising his hand for the handshake, "And this is my wife, Elsa" pointing at Elsa as she offered her hand for a handshake too.

"It's pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Black" Elsa said smiling.

"Oh, the pleasure is mine" smiles were still on Mrs. Black's face. "What a sweet couple" she complimented. They just smiled at her. "Here's a homemade cookie" she gave is a wooden basket with lots of cookies in there. "It's a welcome gift for our new neighbor."

Elsa got the wooden basket, "Thank you so much"

"I'm sorry but I need to go," Jack told them after checking the time on his wristwatch and sheepishly smiled at them. "I'll be late for work. It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Black" Jack looked at Elsa and without warning, she leans towards him and their lips touched.

It was just a peck but Jack's body becomes rigid at the sudden contact of their lips.

He didn't saw that coming.

Elsa fixes his tie and smile, "Off you go, honey" Jack nodded and nodded at Mrs. Black before he went to his car and drove off. He thought he was going to have a heart attack in shock.

Uh-oh! This is not good.

Her eyes followed Jack as the car was out of her sight.

Mrs. Black cleared her throat to get Elsa's attention. Elsa looked back at her and smiled. Mrs. Black smiled back and told Elsa she's going home.

Elsa nodded and waved her hand. As soon as Mrs. Black was out of her sight, she immediately shut the door and lean her back at it. She unconsciously touched her lips lightly.

Blast it, Elsa! What have you done?

❆❆❆❆❆

WORD COUNT: 1661 words
PUBLISHED: 2015
EDITED: 12/08/2020