WILL

•● ═══ ✿ ═══ ●•

Let the tears fall.

•● ═══ ✿ ═══ ●•

Jungkook opened the door and grinned widely at the man sitting on the bed in front of him.

He thought that the man wouldn't understand the pain he's hiding behind his smile.

Oh, he was so wrong.

That man, Kim Taehyung could read him like an open book.

"Taetae, did you miss me?"

Jungkook cooed, sitting on the chair beside him. Taehyung frowned.

"I miss you all the time and Kook, smile when you really mean it."

That made Jungkook's smile falter. He finally let his guard down.

"Yeah, I know it's no use to hide anything from you."

Jungkook said and smiled, this time meaning it.

He knew Taehyung was in no shape to be playful with him. But he also knew Taehyung wanted him to be playful as much as he could.

In Taehyung's words it helps him to breathe, to live a little longer.

Taehyung looked out the window. Jungkook followed his gaze and found himself looking at the beautiful scene outside.

"Sunset is pretty, right Taetae?"

He didn't answer. He kept looking outside. His gaze never faltered.

"You thinking something?"

Jungkook asked again but Taehyung never replied.

"Jungkook."

Taehyung called his name, his gaze still lingering outside.

"Yes?"

"Do me a favour, will you?"

He finally turned and looked at Jungkook.

His eyes reflected pain and Jungkook's heart clenched reading those soulless eyes.

His quivering voice, his eyes told Jungkook whatever he was going to tell, was something not good.

Without saying anything further, Taehyung took out two diaries from his drawer. Jungkook was utterly confused when Taehyung handed them to him.

"W-what"

"Don't ask. Just listen to me. These are important to me and I know these will help you to get answers of all your whys. Read them on your twenty fifth birthday when-"

Taehyung swallowed hard. It was not easy for him to finish that sentence.

"When what, Taetae?"

"When I won't be with you anymore."

Taehyung smiled at him. A smile full of pain it was.

"Taetae, you can't say something like this. You know, we shouldn't lose hope. We"

Taehyung chuckled at Jungkook's panicked condition. Jungkook may have grown a lot but Taehyung can only see the small adorable boy in him.

"Stop rambling Kook, we both know the truth. So, better accept then ignoring it."

He smiled. Jungkook frowned.

Jungkook couldn't let him lose hope. He was not ready to let him, his Taetae go.

"No, I won't."

Jungkook was trying hard to restraint the tears that were threatening to fall at any moment.

Taehyung saw his broken condition. His only wish for Jungkook was to keep him away from any form of pain.

But this time, he was the solemn reason for his pain. And neither he nor could Jungkook do anything about it.

So, he hugged him. He hugged him to ease both of their hearts.

Jungkook returned the hug immediately, holding him tight, feeling how skinny he became.

He noticed earlier how the bags under his Taetae's eyes were darker, how his eyes looked whiter and his face paler than before.

Jungkook shut his eyes and tried to picture the Taetae with his signature boxy smile. This Taetae, pale and drained in front of him was something his fragile heart couldn't take.

This only ensured Jungkook that, his Taetae was slipping away and this time holding him tight is not going to help.

He would have to let go.

This one thought made him so scared that he held his Taetae so tight as if his life was depended on him. He bit his lower lip hard to restraint his cry. He knew Taehyung gets upset whenever he cries.

The last thing Jungkook would want is to see pain in his Taetae's blood drained white dull eyes.

Taehyung patted his back, trying to provide him comfort. He couldn't cry. Even if his heart was badly aching at that moment, his body was too weak for him to cry.

"You can cry, Kook. Cry while you still have me beside you."

Taehyung whispered, his voice sounding so broken in Jungkook's ears. They didn't need to word out their feelings for each other.

As if they had some invisible strings attached to their hearts, they just knew what each of them felt.

Thinking there would be no one to understand his unspoken feelings, Jungkook's heart clenched.

"Let the tears fall. I'm here. Still here beside you, Kook."

Taehyung whispered still patting his back. His soothing voice finally made Jungkook listen to him.

He finally let the tears slip. Salty tears poured down from his eyes, he sobbed while dipping his head on Taehyung's shoulder.

He let all his agonized cries come out. Because he knew, his Taetae was still beside him to wipe his tears.

Note :

This was in third person's perspective. Last chapter ahead.