TO

A C T II

• AFTER YOU •

•● ═══ ✿ ═══ ●•

Can heaven grant my wish to hold your hand for one last time?
I can give my life to say one proper goodbye to you.

•● ═══ ✿ ═══ ●•

It was dark. Everything was pitch black. As if I was engulfed in darkness.

"We will meet soon, Taehyung."

A voice whispered. The same, sweet, known voice.

If something was saving me from drowning into the darkness then it was your voice, the sweet whispers of yours that I used to hear constantly.

But I couldn't comprehend your words. How would we meet when deep inside I knew that I already lost you.

The reality was harsh and I couldn't live acknowledging it.

Maybe that's why my eyes were refusing to open and see the light of the cruel world.

If the darkness could allow me to hear your voice, to feel you, then I'd gladly never see the light again.

"Believe me please."

You whispered again.

Why were you doing this? Why couldn't you let me live in my delusion?

I could see the light. The faint light in front of me. Soon I could hear beeping sounds of the machine.

Your whispers were fading. I could no longer hear your voice.

As my desperation to feel you grew strong, my eyes shot open, my breathing harsh.

I was forced to face the reality.

"Taehyung! Oh my God, you are awake finally, my child."

It was mom, the one whom I saw first.

I felt her all the time, holding my hand, providing me warmth, pleading me to open my eyes.

She kissed my forehead and kept on crying. For a moment there, I blamed you for hurting her. I blamed you for coming into my life and spreading your light. The moment ended. So my darkness returned. It wasn't your fault.

Everything was my fault. I was the guilty one. My darkness was massive and you became a victim of it.

Thoughts of you crowded my conscious mind. It was funny, how I thought about you in both my conscious and unconscious state.

You do realize the affect you had on me right?

"Mom, w-where's-"

The doctor came into the room before I could even complete my sentence.

"Hello, Taehyung, I'm your doctor. It's been a month since you were in coma. We tried a lot but you were not waking up. You were perfectly fine which made us more puzzled. Your condition was as if you were refusing to wake up. But look at you, you finally decided to wake up! I guess miracle happens."

The doctor said miracle happens. That means, did miracle happen in your case too?

Mom held me so tight as if she didn't, I'd slip away from her.

"Do you have any idea how much worried we were? We are so happy that you're back. We couldn't afford to lose you too."

Tears. Tears were in her eyes.

"T-The fisherman who saved you said that they couldn't find her. The river was too deep. I-I'm sorry, Tae. I'm so sorry."

She's sorry. My faint hope died.

The world around me stopped. I was staring at her without blinking.

"Don't be like this, Tae. Say something. Cry or scream, do something!"

I wanted to cry mom, I wanted to scream.

But I couldn't. I was feeling so many emotions at one time that I couldn't understand which one to act on.

I felt numb. I could only stare at her blankly.

"You should have been careful, Tae. She was your responsibility, she was one of your loved ones."

She is. She is my love, mom.

Miracle didn't happen here. It chose to turn its back from us.

If I noticed the uneasy feelings would things be different now?

This was the start of my unanswered questions. Since then, they've been piling and piling, making their own mount Everest.

Hard to do but had to do, for I closed my eyes, concluding the reality gradually.

The mishap happened. You were gone.

I was left alone, without you.