REMEMBER

•● ═══ ✿ ═══ ●•

Sometimes, when you think of giving up, fate plays a cruel game and makes you rethink.

•● ═══ ✿ ═══ ●•

Fate never let me have my way. Maybe, I was fate's most favourite puppet to play.

My condition was no better. Doctors were on the verge of giving up. Same was for my family.

How can you even save a person who has given up on his life willingly?

I was so close, so so close to meet you.

I thought I understood what you meant. You wanted me to come to you. That's the only way we could meet, right?

Then why this cruel fate had to play such a cruel game with me?

Mild foot steps approached me. Tiny fingers tugged at my hospital gown. And my eyes couldn't believe who they saw.

It was a boy. A boy much younger than me. Younger than you. I knew this boy. You knew him too.

"Are you also going to leave me like her, Taetae?"

It was him, the boy you loved the most. Your brother, the sunshine of your life.

"Jungkookie, wha-what are you saying?"

His eyes were dull, no hint of sparkle in them. And you're the reason behind the missing sparkle.

"She left me. She didn't care about me. She knows there's no one after her to be with me. Then w-why leave me? Was I being a bad brother? Did I hurt my noona? I swear, Taetae, Jungkookie didn't do it intentionally."

His beautiful eyes brimmed with tears. He shut them, resisting his cry. Such a small boy yet so much will power.

I wish you could see how broken he was.

Your sunshine was not looking like his usual self anymore. There were no rays of light around him.

In that moment he looked like the sky. Not the sky which was full of bright twinkling stars. He looked like the night sky, the black cloudy night sky, hollow and lifeless.

And I figured, he was no less than me. As if someone held a mirror in front of me and the reflection was him, Jeon Jungkook, the black cloudy night sky.

"What do you want from me Kook? You know you can tell me anything. I'm your Taetae right?"

He hugged me so tight. I was no sand but I was on the verge of slipping away.

He shouldn't know that I was trying to reach you by ruining myself. He shouldn't know.

"I don't want to be alone in this world. I need you, Taetae. I just need you."

He looked so broken, so shaken that it managed to clench my frozen heart. This innocent kid, he had no fault then why should he suffer like this?

Hugging me tightly, he started shaking, then he broke down, his tears poured down his chubby cheeks. It was too painful to see, so I closed my eyes, hugging him back.

After you left it was the first time I felt my heart was at home. Warmth surrounded my heart. My mind was exploding with questions but my heart, it was strangely calm, in comfort.

My mind halted spurring questions as it caught a glimpse of you.

You were smiling. This time it wasn't a bitter one. I saw your eyes and they held no pain in them. Before I knew my own lips stretched, forming a small smile, mimicing you.

And I understood what you wanted, what you meant.

"Your Taetae is here, Kook. Taetae promises to not leaving you. Not anytime soon."

Let the world call me crazy for being delusional. But I know, my heart knows, it felt your presence, your warmth.

With the little ball of sunshine in my arms, my heart again knew it touched you, felt you within. And we met.

We met again through Jungkook.

Note :

Here, Jungkook is very young. Almost a fetus.

Your admirer xx