Max 5

I woke up with a bright light in my eye. "Guys, I think he's waking up." I couldn't tell who said. "Max, are you okay?"

"Uuhhn." It was loud. They were loud. Everything was loud. I cover my ears and sit up. "Please stop talking." I rub my eyes a bit. Blurry images finally materialize. Everyone was around me. "Where am I?"

"OH MY GOD, GUYS HE HAS AMNESIA!" Nikki was now running around like she normally does.

"Nikki shut up, I don't have amnesia. I just don't know where we are right now."

"We're in your tent." I looked around and locked eyes with the coffee machine.

"Coffee." Neil was straight on it. He rushed off to get a mug. "What happened? Where is David?" Gwen groaned.

"Well besides some minor kick injuries he should be fine. He got the thing he wanted and you're not dead."

"Wait you mean," I gasp in awe. The doors open and David walks in, hand in hand, with another guy just as tall as him.

"Max, your awake! Oh thank goodness." David ran over to me and pulled me into a long embrace. "Max, this is Jasper." Jasper stepped up to the bed.

"Thank you Max. You saved me. With your-"

"Yeah yeah yeah. I get it. Let's skip to my end of the bargain. Everybody out! Except you two." Everyone cleared as fast as possible. "Here's the deal."

"You want us to adopt you since you have no parents now."

"Wha...I...how di..." I was speechless.

"David here has always known how deals work." Jasper sounded just like David. Then I remembered what David said.

"Wait, so you're really a badass in disguise?"

"Well, not in disguise anymore." I held back a scream of joy. I was gonna have cool gay parents like Erid. "By the way I accept." David extended a hand to me. I took it.

               <3 weeks later>

"Hey kids play safely. Nerf, NO KNIVES!" Jasper ran over to Nerf and tackled him, the knife falling to the ground. He was our new counselor and was a crazier version of David. I laughed. I walked with Nikki and Neil observing the new atmosphere in the camp. "Hey, Max. Catch this!" David threw a rock a lightning speed. It hit my head hard and fell.

"Ouch. Hey! I'm gonna fucking get you."

"You'll have to catch me first." He flicked me off and started running. He had completely changed. He was a hell of dad. He let me do anything and Jasper kept me safe. It was awesome. David had also changed his normal clothes as well.

He now has a motorcycle and looks like badass riding it. I was the luckiest kid ever. I chased him everywhere. He ran into Jasper and fell on top of him. Jasper started scolding him, but was shut up by a kiss. "Eww," I yelled out.

Jasper jumped up. "It's not disgusting it's beautiful. Don't criticize." He started chasing after me. David caught up to me and picked me up then turned and picked my other dad up. "Hey put me down."

"Not until you admit we are the best dads ever." We all laughed. This is what I've been missing out on. This is what a real family is. Moments like these to treasure.

"Hey," Gwen called. "Camp picture." Everybody gathered up. I ran off to join Neil and Nikki. David walked with his arm around Jasper to the picture area. "Ready guys?" Gwen pressed a button and ran over to join us.

*click*