Chapter #6

"Help, somebody help me!" I heard some girl yelling.

I was just sitting in bed. I know something's wrong. My room is fine but outside my room isn't. I know one of the girls is in trouble so I want to see what's wrong. Although, it's the middle of the night so everyone is locked in their rooms. I get up and peer out the small window of my door. I looked around blinded at first by the light, but then realized that nobody was out there. Right as I started walkin back to my bed, I heard it again. Although this time it was different. It sounded like a faint scream.

I thought to myself "Am I going insane? I bet I'm just really tired so I'll go to sleep and when I wake up it will be gone." so I climb back in bed, but I keep hearing all these voices screaming at me. Finally I sit up and start pounding on my head screaming "GET OUT! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

"I'm not going to leave you alone until your dead!" "You should slit your wrists and bleed out, the world would be a better place without you." Again and again it kept repeating, so finally I screamed "Stop, who are you? Go away I'm trying to get better." I was sobbing in a corner by the time three of the guards rushed in.

"Violet, is something wrong?" Thomas the guard that searched my room earlier said.

I whisper "They keep yelling at me" through my sobbs.

"Who is? Violet nobody has been talking all night... Everyone is asleep except you."

"I don't know who it is, but they keep telling me to kill myself." I barely whisper through my shaky voice.

Thomas turns around to the two other men and whispers something to them. I can tell that they are nervous, but I don't know why.

"Violet, stand up we need to take you to one of the doctors, okay?"

My voice is so shaky I barely say "O.. k" Thomas and another one of the three guards grab my arms and stands me up. We then walk down the long hallway to the psychiatrist. Halfway there the voices come back, but this time they are telling me to jump off the building.

"Stop! Go away! Why are you doing this to me?" I start kicking and thrashing my body. The guards drop me because they weren't expecting this. So once I hit the floor I start running. The ward is on the 5th floor, the boys child psych ward is on the 4th, the women on the 3rd, and men on the 2nd. I run to the nearest window and try to break it. I need to jump out the window and die, I just can't take it anymore. I run over to the huge glass window in the visiting room since I was right near there. I thrash my body into the glass but nothing happened. I did it again, again, and again until the guards get to me. They practically grab any body part they could since I was thrashing so much. "Help, we need help!" I heard them yelling over my screams. They just couldn't hold me down so they needed backup. By the time other guards got there everyone was awake and I was balling. "I can't do this anymore." I'm screaming over and over through each of my sobs, "I just can't do it."