Epilogue

Siana POV

We were in the hospital again, although this time it was for the birth of our new family member. The triplets were sitting around the room and the twins were sitting on the bed, playing with Phyllis by my feet. Xavier and Roberta were also sitting on the bed, making it very hard to move at all. My good friend and cellmate was sitting in his wheelchair by the side of the sofa where Jessica and Red were sitting. My father and Jimhaya's parents were out getting food, leaving us time to peak with each other.

"What are we going to call him?" Jimhaya said. We all turned to her with a frown. Her eyes had returned to a dark blue.

"Him?" Red asked quietly. She still looked in bad shape. Jessica was sitting next to her, helping her drink water form a straw.

"I thought you didn't like men?" Zee asked crudely. She and Jimhaya had a better relationship but they still got on each other's nerve. It was fun watching them interact with each other.

"I do" Jimhaya replied "but I hate imbalance more"

"What's wrong with Siana having a daughter?" she asked as her eyes narrowed.

"Balance, if you must know little Chameleon is when there is equality between two things" Jimhaya said with sarcasm in her voice which made us all snuffle our laughs. Zee simply rolled her eyes. "Having one male living in a house with five females in not equal. In fact, it's calls for chaos and catastrophe"

"That oddly make sense" Jessica said which earned a few glares her way.

"You meant six females right?" Red asked.

"What?" Jimhaya asked confused.

"Roberta, Ma" Zee said in exasperation. "Turns out she refused to live with anybody other than Siana. And you of course" she smiled sheepishly when Jimhaya eyes narrowed.

"Well then, that's even worse"

I chuckled and played with Roberta's hair. I was keeping busy by braiding the young girl's hair. We had given her better clothes than the simple sun dress. She was still barefoot, refusing to wear socks, telling us it was uncomfortable. Man did I feel like a magnet of weird things. The family I had chosen was far from perfect and it was definitely not normal. But I loved them and I would never change.

"So, what gender is it?" Davian asked, curiously.

"It's a girl" I sighed with a smile. It didn't matter the gender but Jimhaya was right. Raising four girls and one boy was prone to disaster. Zee cheered while Davian groaned, probably dreading the upcoming lifestyle. I knew he didn't mind though, as long as we all got along.

"That's it, I'm done" Jimhaya got up from her seat "I have reached my quota or crazy"

Says the girl who was crazy. We all laughed at her exaggeration. It felt good to see her awkward sense of humor again. It meant things were getting better.

"Where are you going?" Zee asked.

"To file for divorce" Jimhaya said over her shoulder.

"Jimhaya Sofia Hundale, you stop right there" Zee said as she stood up. The rest of us couldn't contain our laughter. Jimhaya froze. She slowly turned with and stared at the shapeshifter. We were all safe when we saw no hatred or promise of violence in her eyes.

"How dare you call me by my full name" she began and then frowned. "How dare you know my full name?"

"I have allies" Zefra said smugly. Jimhaya walked back in the room and loomed over our adoptive daughter. Well, it felt like looming since it was impossible for her to do so because she was smaller than Zee. Then she looked passed her at Red who tried to hide behind her sister.

"How rude of you, dear sister" Jimhaya mocked.

Red chuckled and raised her hand. She had lost the ability see auras and couldn't tell where we were or how we were doing. Jimhaya slipped her hand in her sister's and bent down mockingly to snap her teeth together by Red's ear. In return, Red kissed her cheek and smiled beautifully. I hadn't seen her smile like that since I came back.

"Sorry Jamie, it must have slipped. My bad" she said. No damage had been done. We were all suffering consequences in some ways but as long as we were all safe and being a family, we would not hurt each other. I could tell that Jimhaya was hurting for what she did to Red although Red had forgiven her.

Christoph coughed to get our attention. We all looked at him.

"So, let me get this right" Christoph said. He got his teeth back, which was good. He got healthier as well. "Between the triplets, Jimhaya is the most unstable out of all of you and she is in charge of raising five kids?"

Jessica and Red looked at each other and shrugged identically like the twins they were. Their guilty smiles lit the room like a Christmas tree.

"I have one and that's enough for me" Jessica defended herself.

"I'm taking a break on motherhood for a while" Red continued.

I laughed wholeheartedly while Chirstoph huffed. He wouldn't understand but he was great enough to accept the weird reality we made ourselves. We continued to have fun, like we used to for a while longer. But I could tell Jimhaya was getting tired of holding on.

"Hey, guys, why don't you all go get something to eat. I think the parents will be coming back anytime soon" I told them. It was a gentle way of asking them to get out for a short while.

The all got up and left happily. The kids ran out chasing after Christoph in his wheelchair and and Jessica help Red walk out with her blind cane stretched out before them. They both bent down to kiss my cheek and left me with Jimhaya, who looked like she needed a breather.

"Drop the illusion, Jimhaya" I told her. I couldn't stand looking at those beautiful blue eyes that belonged to Jimmy while she was not there. Jimhaya decided to change the colour of her eyes as to not make our family more nervous than they already are.

"Sorry" JImhaya told me as her eyes turned red once more.

"It's alright, you're doing the right thing" I told her and patted the side of the bed. She sat quietly. "Where is Jimmy?"

"Gone" she answered. I dropped my head. "She took most of the pain when you were gone. We were all hurting but she took the majority of it, giving me enough strength to control the beast. It was the hardest and tiring thing we ever had to do. One day, when you were in the most pain and the beast broke free, she disappeared"

"Oh" was all I could tell. I felt her hands on my chin and raised my head up.

"I promise you, with all of my being and the others that share this body, we will find her. I promise you that I will find a way to get her back. Jimmy is part of us and it feels like we lost part of ourselves and of who we are" She stroke my cheeks with love. "We will find a way to get her back. As long as we are alive, you and I, she has a chance"

"Ok" I told her with a nod and hugged her tight. We stayed like this, neither of us wanting to let go. "So what are we going to call her?"

"Anything that doesn't start with a J" she said and I laughed in her shoulder. It was so good to have her back.

"Keliane" she finally said. I frowned, wondering how she chose that name. "Kelly for short, like her grandmother. Or Ana when we'll be tired of mixing them up"

I chuckled. "Keliane, huh?" I repeated. "It's a lovely name"