Chapter 2

Remember: Jimmy is Ma and Siana is mom. Also, there is a reason that I have Zefra's POV, but there will also be Siana POV during the story. It will be easier to understand that way and easier for me to write. Enjoy.

Zefra Pov

Our house was relatively small, but big enough for the five of us to live comfortably. It was a simple two story house with a basement located in the countryside of our little village. Davian, Phyllis and I all had our own room but my brother and I had to share a bathroom though we never complained. It was more than we ever dreamed of having in our lives. We also had a pool in our backyard that my family had installed after we arrived.

Every morning, a peaceful routine roused in our house. My brother or little sister would wake me up since I hated mornings. What can I say, I had fallen in love with my bed. It was the most comfortable thing I had ever been on and I wanted to spend as much time as possible on it, because who knows when it won't be there anymore.

Anyway, I would eat with Phyllis, Davian and mom and having small talk. Ma did not eat breakfast often with us but we had all gotten used to it. Today, she came to eat with us but left earlier to drop Phyllis at kindergarten. Siana was a teacher at our school but Davian and I preferred to get there on our own since mom usually had to be there earlier.

"No" mom said for the third time. "You cannot go to your friends' party"

"Come on mom, you told Davian he could go" I whined.

"I will not punish your brother because you can't be sophisticated enough to stop drinking when you should"

"That happened once, it won't happen again. I'm over it now" I said.

"Well I'm not. Zefra, we found you passed out in the middle of a street miles away from where you were supposed to be. That is not something a parent forgets easily. So my answer is no and that's final"

Davian had remained silent the time we argued. He had stopped getting involved a while back when he started to know better. I didn't mind, because I was the one who had a rebellious attitude.

I poured a second bowl of cereal and started to eat in silence while Davian and mom talked about school. Davy was the good boy. He never got into trouble, he loved school and was nice to everyone. He was always cool and passive but he was scary when he was angry. He was very protective of me, because I was restless.

My twin brother and I had this weird bond between us because of all the things we had gone through. We used to always take care of each other, because we were all we had, but now I was having more trouble adapting to our new loving family than he was. I guess me being reckless was because some part of me stayed in the sewers where Ma found us during her mission and I couldn't find my way out.

"So mom" I said after I swallowed my bite. "When do you think you could help me with the dance routine?"

"About that" she said with guilt. I stopped eating and turned my body around the chair to face her. Mom smiled sheepishly. "I told Jimmy that she was going to help you instead"

"What?" I yelled and mom cringed.

"Sorry sweetie, but I'm very busy with school and the upcoming exams. Jimmy is off work for a couple of weeks and maybe spending time together will be good for both of you"

I groaned. This was not what I wanted to hear in the morning.

"Hush now, she's your mother as well and you are going to treat her nicely" mom said before kissing my cheek. "She's not the monster you believe her to be"