Chapter Four: Love, lies and a very bitter enemy

AN: How exciting four chapters and a prologue to boot wow this story is really cruising along nicely. I know I'm having a blast writing it and I hope the readers are enjoying it just as much. Ok so in this chapter expect to see a distraught lover and some more hints to the twist that will be comming soon. I have added a new POV in this chapter, I hope you like their character and well basically I'm hoping who they are

will surprise you. So without further ado, here is chapter four.

Chapter Four

Love, lies and a very bitter enemy

??? POV (March 12, 1899)

How dare she, after everything I have done for her, this is how that brat repays me! I have given her everything, and then she associates with that filthy half breed, taking him out to lunch to apologise, he should be apologising to her. What is she thinking? A Mieko is supposed to be a pure creature untainted by the likes of him, and that trollop gallivants with whom ever she pleases. I will put a stop to this if it's the last thing I do.

Kasper's POV (April 02, 1899 - Midnight)

Right idiot, your girl's counting on you, you made this mess fix it. Ok stop the bleeding, shit how? There's so much blood...blood just everywhere. My vision was fading and all I could smell was Carmen's blood, blood.... and flowers. Come on mate! The chit can't save herself, I can do this, I have to be able to do this. I gently laid my Carmen in the flowers and ripped my shirt clear of my body and tore it into strips. Kneeling by her side in my jeans and Doc Martins, I carefully wrapped the linen strips around her right thigh careful not to apply to much pressure and aggravate the wound. She was unconscious, but flinched when I worked upon her leg, so at least I new the nerve endings weren't damaged, good, she wouldn't lose her leg as long as I keep her alive. I finished quickly and was at a loss, what was I supposed to do now? I certainly couldn't operate and I didn't know any one who could, or did I. That Jeremy wanker, he was some type of doctor or something wasn't he. Think loser why did you reckon he was a doctor. It's so hard to think all that blood, yea Carmen's blood and if you don't think she's not going to be around much longer is she. Right! That's it! When I was all tressed up in the town square, one Mum a sweet thing she was, asked wanker about her son's condition and he said, My word yes, it seems that young Rupert has the chicken pox, bring him into my office after miss Carmen gets here and we'll see what we can do, is that all right with you sport? Yes that's it, too Jeremy's place. I gathered my precious cargo, carefully nurturing her close to keep her warm, and took off, as fast as my inhuman speed allowed, ouch bloody rib.

Finding my way back to that wankers' place wasn't difficult even if I had only been there the one time, I only had to follow our combined scents from my stalking stint. Although faded due to time her scent was so obvious to me now. So delicious; I could all but taste the power in the back of my throat, power that I snuffed like a flame. I neared the edge of the forest now, I had never moved that fast in all my life, not even when it was on the line, my cargos life was infinitely more important then my own. Only she mattered now.

The normally fifteen minute journey took just seven, and now that I was here I had no idea how to approach him. The hour was late (or early depending on how you looked at it) the chances are he would be asleep (not a problem) and chances are would castrate me for A. being what I am and for B. the damage done to the girl in my arms (though deserving definitely a problem). If I could just distract him with Carmen's injuries long enough hopefully he can leave the death and destruction to later when Carmen can decide what I deserve. I owe her at least that much besides she said she loved me. Although completely inappropriate I couldn't help the warmth that spread throughout my body at the thought. She loves me, she loves me! I felt like dancing and crying, this was all wrong I should have been able to hold her in my arms and tell her so, not come to realisation after butchering her.