Chapter Twenty, Part B: Good intentions, guys and a plan that can't go wrong

Chapter Twenty

Part B: Good intentions, guys and a plan that can't go wrong (I hope)

Kasper's Day (9:11)

"Carmen, get down here. Cloths won't buy themselves you know."

"Shari's here."

"I wouldn't have guessed, what with the shouting and all."

"Now who's being cheeky." She rolled her eyes in exasperation. "I'll see you in a few hours sweetie."

"Cam, Cam, Cam." Shari called sounding closer with each shout.

"I'm coming already, gosh."

"Go on sweetie." For a while she was silent, staring at me intently as though what I said didn't make sense. I tried listening in (just for a second) to work out what was going through that pretty little head but I wasn't getting anything, clearly she wasn't interested in sharing whatever was on her mind. "Later skater, see you tonight." Her excitement was practically bubbling over, although I could 'feel' the slightest dregs of concern beginning to enter her emotional climate.

"See 'ya Cam." I watched her pause at her bedroom door, reluctant to leave...Me. Gosh I loved her. "Cam wait."

This, right here, is why I love him. I caught Cam's unbidden thought before she flickered back to me, kissing me softly on the lips, before disappearing once more.

A moment later I herd the girl's conversation from the kitchen (I assumed)

"Cravings Shari bear?"

"Like you wouldn't believe. Come on before I eat you out of house and home."

"Sounds like a plan." I laughed softly to myself, they're so ridiculous together.

Good bye my reason. I herd whispered in my mind.

Good bye my world. I replied back. Before making haste, I had alot to do today. Even in my rush I still never missed the quickened pace of her heartbeat as she walked out the door.

(10:42)

"Mate this is going to be amazing when it's finished thank you so much."

"Kasper are you kidding me?" Mikale placed his arm over me. "The income coming in from building this, this mansion has helped so much, what with the misuses and the sprogs, any extra money is a blessing." He surveyed the half finished house, clearly impressed. "Your right though, this place is fantastic, your little lady will love it."

"That's what I'm hoping. I just hope it has enough 'her' in it, if you know what I mean."

"I know exactly what you mean. Tell me a bit about her, I know Carmen and everything but I would bet my last dollar that you know her more 'intimatley'. I never missed his inflection. I growled under my breath, pissed that he could speak so disrespectfully of Carmen, especially in my company.

"Just funnin' with 'ya mate, I never meant any disrespect." Better not, I left the threat unsaid. "Serious now, I would think that you would know Carmen better then the rest of us. Sure we all know what she's willing to sacrifice for the rest of us, but not so with her inner self. If you know what I mean."

"Yea, actually I do."

"Well go on then."

"Cam's house (where we live now I mean) says alot about her. It's warm and welcoming, completely inviting you in." I closed my eyes in contemplation, wanting so much to get this right... without seeming like a total nance of course. "She's the strongest person I have ever met both physically and mentally, not to mention smart. She's so incredibly intuitive and understanding...and loving...And I have no idea how to portray that in a house." I ran a hand through my hair in agitation, there was no way I'm going to pull this off.