Chapter 13: Collapse

Chapter 13:

Cameron's POV:

Camilla was currently leaning on my shoulder, trying to hold in her salty, sorrowful tears.

My eyes on the other hand were completely dry. Not that I wasn't upset, but I simply wasn't capable of crying anymore tears, not after everything I've already been through.

Nick started to pace around the dimly lit room, expressing the anxiety that we were all surely feeling.

"Knock knock! Who's behind door number three?" A familiar voice suddenly said, and a second later Ryan was bursting into the dim room with a wide grin on his ghostly face.

I immediately turned around and glared at Nick because I was growing tired of the games.

"I thought you locked the fucking door!" I exclaimed, and Ryan's maniacal grin grew even bigger. It was sort of weirding me out the way he was currently standing, with his glove clad hands hidden behind his back like he was holding a surprise birthday present.

"I did!" Nick hissed back at me, showing no patience with my sour attitude.

Ryan took a step forward and threw something on the floor right in front of Camilla and I, breaking up any impending argument I was about to have with Nick.

Taking a closer look, I hastily attempted to cover Camilla's wide eyes, as soon as I realized it was a bloody, severed limb: probably either Hayley's or Jeff's, considering it looked fairly fresh.

I can't believe I can identify what a freshly severed limb looks like.

"What the hell!" Tristen yelled in horror, instinctively kicking the detached body part away towards the dark corner of the room. It left a bloodied skid mark on the dingy floor, and I felt bile raise in my throat at the gory sight.

"It was Hayley's, what a shame. Gingers are real cuties if you ask me," Ryan stated, smirking, and then winking at Emily.

She gave him a disgusted look in return, before closing her watery green eyes and trying to hold in the threatening tears. Upon noticing this I let go of my little sister and moved closer to Emily, wanting to be the one to console her.

Ryan walked into the dim room even further, before silently closing and locking the door behind him. I was about to ask why he was acting so strange, until there was a very loud, very abrupt pounding on the other side of the door.

"What the hell is that?!" Camilla asked, now trying to hide behind Collin's tall frame. Collin just shook his head in confusion and stood protectively in front of Camilla, listening as the pounding grew more frantic. It was just like the last room they were in, the classroom, only this pounding sounded more scared than threatening.

Ryan was wearing an annoyed look on his face and let out a big sigh as we all just stood frozen. We waited a couple more agonizingly long seconds before the pounding thankfully stopped.

"Damn teenagers," Ryan mumbled, and I couldn't help but cock my head to the side.

Teenagers? What the hell was he talking about now?

I glanced down at Emily and she looked back up at me in the exact same way, with an expression of unsettling confusion.

The pounding was back all too soon, but this time Tristen apparently decided to be bold; he quickly unlocked the door and flung it wide open before taking a step back.

Three people, all around our age I'd guess, stumbled in, and hastily slammed the door closed behind them. One was a petite girl, with bright red hair and big scared brown eyes. There were also two out of breath boys, and the first one I noticed was pale, with spiked brown hair.