Chapter 16

I updated after a very long time because i got constant demands for an update. well, here it is. sorry it's so short. i promised i would update today and didn't have much to put down. In this chapter, there is Carlisle's POV. that will probably only happen once. so don't get used to it. it's there so this chapter isn't too short.

I rolled over in my sleeping bag, expecting to feel my sister’s body heat. I felt no heat what so ever. My hand flew to where she was supposed to be. Nothing

                I stood up and looked around, I couldn’t see Ivey anywhere! I rushed over to Rani. She was asleep. “Rani! Rani, wake up!”

                “What?” she asked groggily.

                “Ivey’s gone!”

                Her hand flew to her now completed spear. “What?”

                I looked at her brown eyes. She had no clue where Ivey went. “What’s going on here?” Logan asked.

                I spun around to face him and Carlisle. “Ivey’s gone. She’s missing! She could be-“

                Just then a cannon went off. I looked at the night sky, it didn’t show the death, the anthem had already played. I could only expect the worst. “No.” I whispered. My knees gave out and I fell to the cave floor. I felt hot tears run down my face. Logan kneeled down next to me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

                “Isis. It could be a totally different person.” He tried to comfort. “We’ll look for her in the morning. Right now all of us need to sleep.” He helped me back into my sleeping bag. Carlisle grabbed a few knives and started towards the cave entrance. “Whoa, hold on a sec! where are you going?” Logan asked his brother.

                “going to find her.” He said simply.

                “You need to sleep.”

                “No. I’m going to find her.” With that he left the cave.

                Logan slipped in with me, comforting me. I closed my eyes, praying that my dear sister was alive.

                Carlisle’s POV:

                I stormed through the swamp, angry at myself. I know I wasn’t on watch but I should’ve been. I should’ve been watching her. Ivey. She maybe dead because I wasn’t watching. I stopped in my tracks when I realized what I was thinking. I love her.

                I shook my head and looked down. I found Ivey’s footprint. I know it’s hers because of the size. I quickly followed the tracks. The steps started getting farther and farther apart. She must’ve been running. But why?

                Finally; I reached a small clearing. There was a pool of blood on one side, and on the other side… a body. That’s strange. If someone’s dead, then they would’ve taken the body. I walked over to it and gasped. It was Ivey. I bent down and felt for a pulse. Her heart was beating loud and clear. I breathed a sigh of relief. She was alive. For the time being. I lifted her limp body carefully and carried her to another small hide out under a giant tree.

                I couldn’t take her back to our camp. The head trauma would probably just get worse and she would probably die. I placed her on the ground, letting her rest. I gathered leaves and other swamp materials to hide us. Piling them into a camouflage fashion, I left a small hole in the side that was large enough for me to crawl through.

                Then I hunted down a groosling and plucked it and cleaned it. Instead of a large, attention attracting fire, I heated up a few large rocks and cooked the meat on them. Carefully packing up the meat, I crawled into the hide out.

                There wasn’t much to do but wait. Wait for her to come back to this cruel world. I prayed she would survive this ‘game’. Slowly but surely the sun came up, and her eyes opened.