Chapter 24: It's A Weird Day

Start from the beginning

Walking over to the empty side of the lot, more tears came out and I paced around trying to find a way to calm down before they came back. I clenched my fist in anger and my tears turned into a sob which just resulted in thunder echoing across the nigh sky. A hand landed on my shoulder and I wiped around to see it was Kai. I looked behind him to see Ethan was no where to be found.

"He's in the bathroom," he mumbled before wrapping me in a hug. I hugged him back and my sobs were now uncontrollable more than before. "Everything's going to be okay," he whispered into my hair.

The most cliché line in history and all I could think was bullshit. From the corner of my eye, I could see Ethan inside the restaurant making his way outside. I released Kai from the hug and quickly wiped away my tears before Ethan go see. Kai seem to have noticed back he gave a small smile before heading over to the car. I followed behind and got in the driver's seat.

Hazel got out of Ethan's pocket as they got into the backseat. Kai passed Ethan and Hazel their phone and even passed me a taco which I declined to. As I drove out the parking lot, they all started to eat in silence. After about 15 minutes, everyone had finished eating their food. Kai was on his phone and so was Ethan. Hazel on the other hand was just sitting on my lap as I drove.

I honestly feel so lost and a bit hopeless. I still have a lot of question unanswered from my parents and then there's Victor's enemies chasing us. The whole country would think we're missing since we're on the news now and this just makes the problem even worst. How are we even suppose to go anywhere with the everyone recognizing us. I'm surprise Taco Bell didn't even call us in but then again, the notice only came out today.

Stepping on the gas pedal a bit more, we passed some of the cars. After some time, I glimpsed at the time and saw it was almost 2 in the morning. It's amazing how you could just drive and have the time past by so quickly. I looked over to Kai who was still on his phone which was now hooked up to the charger connected to the car. Ethan was just knocked out again and Hazel was asleep on my lap.

Letting out a tired sigh, I looked towards the signs on the side of the road to see there was a hotel coming up. I know we basically just came out from a hotel not to long ago but I was getting tired. I didn't even want to stay in a hotel today since it was too close to the previous one.

"Kai," I called in a tried voice.

"Yeah?" he asked looking up from his phone. "Are you tired?" I asked.

He let out a chuckle and shook his head, "You want me to drive?" he asked but it came out more like a rhetorical question. I nodded my head, "Yes please," I gave a small smile.

"Sure thing. Just pull over to the gas station a mile up," he informed me.

I silently thanked him and continued to drive. Soon enough, a gas station was now in sight and I pulled up before placing Hazel next to Ethan and getting out the car. Kai also got out and we switched sides before hitting the road again.

"So after this is all over, what are you planning to do?" he asked in a soft tone making sure not to wake Ethan up. "Well," I started, "Ethan and I plan on moving into New York City. He would take up the offer on NYU and I would continue the rest of my high school year before going into college. We were also planning on you becoming our roommate if you want. I didn't ask Ethan about that yet but I know he'll be okay with it," informed him.

The corner of Kai's lips twitched up into a smile, "Sounds good. It kind of suck you'll have to repeat a whole year of high school just because of all this and you're only missing the last month of school and you don't even have to take any state test since you already took them last year and passed," he stated.