Epilogue: The Letter

This happens to be the last part. Phew! I cannot believe that I am hitting the complete button for the third book this year. So far, this has been a productive year for me - in terms of writing. Anyway, enjoy reading!

Payne Warddis,

My tongue is tied and I am not the one to break promises. I have sworn to my friend that I shall remain secretive about him, but your last letter had in me a state of confusion that I know not to choose between the two of you.

I send my condolences to your wife's death. I wish I could be there... No, I know I should be there for you, but Tantalia is in a state that Chaon needs me, and I cannot just simply leave. With my father not here, Chaon is a terrible fix. I hope you will understand why I cannot come this year unlike the last. Perhaps, I can make it next year.

This is neither about me nor about my state. It is about the heir of your kingdom. Kale is very well alive. He needs time, Payne. Time. I bet we can give him that. We have known the harsh truth of the life, but he has been exposed to it only three years ago and that too by an arrow through his heart. He needs time, and I will make sure that he gets all the time in entire of Ruthen for him to heal.

I know I might sound like an ungrateful bastard, but yes. He has done something that might have angered Sephtis. Yes, what he had done is very grave, Payne. When Kale meets you again - I am sure you both will meet again, he will explain everything to you. He is the only one who can do that, not I. For what Eluria had done, is something even I cannot digest.

But for now, Kale is happy. He has found that one woman he needs in his life. I am pretty sure she will be there with Kale. I cannot say you how I know this, but trust me I know not where he is. I will leave it to you to assume how I got this information.

But know one, with her he is healing. He will return, I know that. Kale's blood will reach its home. It will reach Icathus.

Being in Tantalia has its own advantages. I feel that I should warn you. Yerinah is surrounded by Taimore's army. And they have Immortals, Payne! I can feel it. Trust me, when I say I can. After Yerinah, Taimore's army will set itself Icathus as its prize.

Though there might be rumours about Katanagia redeeming itself, it has not. At least not yet. Acracia is gone, Samariya is going to pledge itself to Taimore. Icathus has recently joined the rebellion and with its heir not here, it is in a weak position. I know I cannot ask anything more of you, but I will ask you to safeguard your country. I don't want to hear the loss of Icathus, I simply cannot bear to hear the country of my friends fall. After all, a friend of a friend is a friend.

Yours truly,

Triane Rozat.   

I will be changing the title to 'The Elegy of Autumn'. And with this, I hit the complete button. Next will be 'Spring's Tale'. It will have a few new characters and few old. Hope you'll enjoy it. :P

~Quill