RANKED || The Highschool System.

***

***

RANKED | A HIGH SCHOOL SYSTEM.

***

Nicole Clarkson is the embodiment of everything you want, above her good looks and good grades, she has riches, a lux lifestyle and the trendiest of fashions, from the latest Birkin bag to the newest Tommy Hilfiger clothing collection. She thrives from pretty privilege and is a successful influencer because of it.

HOWEVER, the moment she is forced to return to Florida and enrol at East Waters High, Nicole is thrust into the toxic world of the rich and all that comes with it. From the ranks, high fashion, red carpet events to its competitive social system.

Nicole has never had to fight for popularity before, so this sudden rivalry with friend and foe is not her style. When she witnesses the unfair battle between the rich and poor in school. Nicole vows for change. She will not be labelled and she will not stand nor watch her 'friends' use nepotism as a weapon and as a lame excuse to bully.

THE RULES

Both East and West Waters High have a system all must abide by, and by which every individual is ranked.

The ranking system works as follows:

1. You are assigned a new number every week based on your popularity points via the Waters High App. This number represents your place in the ultimate boy and girl ranking charts. Your rank can change overnight, so appearance counts.

2. You are also assigned to a status group which you will be identified as a member of:

The Wealthy Heirs (Blue Pin) -

The children who are to inherit fortunes from their mums and dads. The wealthy heirs consistently dominate the ranks, purely for being rich and pretty. They pay their way out of trouble and are seen as a threat by all.

The Wealthy Heirs run the school and take responsibility for all of the biggest committees.

The Rich Elites (Purple Pin) -

The children of the rich who work for the richer. They are well-off but not to an extreme extent like the wealthy heirs. They may still have to work for a good chunk of their lifetime.

The Rich Elites are part of the populars and assist the wealthy heirs in various club committees - in and outside of school.

The Potentials/Wannabes (Red Pin) -

They want to be popular, they want to be noticed and want to be a part of the juiciest gossip. They have money but not enough to be classified as the rich. The money that they use to purchase trendy outfits in order to stay relevant is typically their pocket or lunch money.

The Potentials are grafters and will do anything to rise in the ranks. They are the ones mainly in charge of the school newspaper and social forums, which carry the most gossip.

The Norms (Green Pin) -

This category is a combination of ordinary, average and unique students. They are seen as inferior in the world of popularity. They try to get on with their work without clashing with the rich kids even though it would be nice to get some attention every now and then. Just like the potentials, their parents probably work for the parents of the rich elites and wealthy heirs.

You won't see a norm in designer on a normal day but when there's an event, they'll try to show out with a mission to remind people that they do have potential to climb the ranks.

The Norms, Wannabes/Potentials and Outcasts make up most of East and West Water High.

The Outcasts/Lowlifes (Yellow Pin) -

The other kids see the outcasts/lowlifes as the lowest of the low. They would rather be rank rejects than be labelled as such. You are likely to be an outcast if the popular kids classify you as poor, ugly, nerdy, geeky, druggie or teacher pet territory. Falling into this category means you have socially hit an all-time low.

You lose your reputation and are on an impossible mission to rebuild it.

3. If you are deemed relevant enough by the students of East/West Waters, you'll receive an additional label, made up of one or two words that define you as a person. Take, for example:

- Queen Bee

- Player

- Class Clown

AND FINALLY... If you dare decide to reject the place and rank you are given, you become a RANK REJECT, a rival to the populars and someone no one wants to associate with. You lose out on all the benefits that come with the ranks, like the guarantee of a table at lunch, invitation to a party, friends etc.

----

I hope you guys are excited about the rewrite of this story!!!! This story will rewritten and updated so stay tuned, and show your support by voting and commenting throughout!

TASH x