-12- Lullaby

Date: December 8, 7805

----

The audience roared with happiness. Lotor escorted a short young woman, she looked breathtaking. A revealing crimson velvet dress paired with flats, the slit on the side revealed pale and long legs. Caramel locks held up in a perfectly messy bun, smoky red and black pigments were exquisitely put over her eyelids. She wore a forced and awkward smile, waving to the people.

Meanwhile, the castle residents had to pick their jaws up from the ground. It took Shiro a second to comprehend what was going on. His beautiful, kind, and dead Katie was engaged to Lotor.

"No! No, no, no! You motherfucker! Give me back my sister!" Matt screamed.

Shiro jolted and ran to the lion hangers, his armor absent. He needed to be there, he needed to see her. His love was being forced to marry that monster, the one who he thought killed her had done something worse. An unforgivable action.

He took her away from him.

A sin, a crime, a curse. But as Shiro hopped into Black he felt an uncharacteristically wide and manic grin. His eyes sharpened with the glint of revenge, the meaning to life was beginning to pump through his veins.

He found his Katie, found her alive. And this time there was no way he was going to let her go. Never again.

----

Date: December 8, 7805

----

Katie was terrified, she didn't recognize her reflection in the mirror. Someone enchanting was staring back at her and she could not bring herself to believe that was her. There was no way a scrawny, smart-ass, nobody could become an elegant, lovely, and attractive woman.

She blessed her team of Galra women and men who took time to make her this gorgeous. She felt a bit bashful at the amount of exposed skin.

Her clavicle jutted out, her neck carrying a ruby collar necklace that was worth more than herself. Her back was exposed and with simple movements her legs were revealed almost entirely. As she shyly admired herself through the looking glass she heard the door open and close softly.

She turned and gave a warm, small smile. The other returning the expression. Lotor would never be able to resist the rosy lips, the pure and endearing love that lit up her golden eyes. He smiled and leaned down to plant a short and loving kiss.

"You look beautiful."

"Really? I don't feel like me, it's strange."

"You are beautiful, Katie." He reassured. "It's almost time for the announcement. Are you ready?"

She took his hand, her mind telling her how awful of an idea this was and her heart praising her. It had been weeks and her team hadn't sent so much as a missing report. She felt betrayed and no matter how many times she tried to refuse it, she had fallen for Lotor. And her inevitable fate did not look so dreadful as previously assumed.

Although she was marrying the Galra prince, he would never be Shiro. Her best guess was that Shiro moved on, he was a handsome man who could woo anyone off their feet. He deserved a life on earth with a white-picket fence and a bright yellow dog. Something normal to ease all the trauma, Katie wasn't the right girl for that. She sought to break the boundaries, to find the trouble. She could never settle normally and Shiro would never be happy. But for fuck's sake, she loved him and missed him so much.

"My liege, the ceremony is prepared as asked. You may enter when ready." A sentry's robotic voice said stiffly.

"Ready?"

"Yes, ready."

----

December 8, 7805

----

Shiro ignored the voices of his fellow paladins as they screamed for him return to the castle. He was rebutting every word that spilled from their ignorant mouths. It was a single sentence for everyone, the same words that held meaning beyond description.

"I need to get Katie."

His lion understood his need for the Green Paladin. He had witnessed it before, love wasn't uncommon and was direly needed to the former paladins for sanity. Unfortunately it was also their fall. But Black wouldn't let that happen, not again and especially not to the maiden of Green.

The lion's metaphorical eyes rolled every time his paladin would ramble about his relationship. It was ridiculous how much he loved the young woman, he could go for hours about her eyes. The day she 'died' was heartbreaking to both of them. Black could not bear to hear the guttural sobs that tore from Shiro's heart. The Black Lion and Shiro had a fragile bond, it was still growing but he would be lying if he said he didn't feel true companionship.

So, yes, Black would gladly sprint across the galaxy for his paladin.