Chapter 12 : returning

Aoyama stared deeply at me with his blue eyes. My brain crashed and I didn't know what to say. He patted my head softly, telling me that is was okay. "You two!", someone screamed our name. It was our teacher. "What are you two doing this late? Everybody to their room!", he scolded us. Aoyama and I walked to our rooms together, but we didn't talk much. Before we separated, we wished a goodnight to each other. I closed the door and kneeled down on the ground. My face felt warm. Did I really confess to him? He didn't say yes, but he also didn't refuse me? I slapped my cheeks to come back to sense. I stood up and quietly sat next to Gotou. "Sorry for leaving you alone, I couldn't stay any longer there.", I apologized to her. She didn't answer. It's late so she must be sleeping. Maybe I should sleep too, I thought and crawled in my bed.

Next morning

"Gotou, [y/n], wake up!", the teacher knocked on our door. I yawned and scratched my head. "Good morning Gotou", I turned around but the bed was empty and made up. Gotou was already gone without me, why did she do that? I hurried and also packed my stuff. Today we return back to our homes. Downstairs, the teachers were counting the pupils and checking if nobody forget anything. Gotou was standing in the line, alone. "You were early this morning.", I told her. She nodded without even looking at me. "Are you mad at me?", I asked her. She lifted her shoulders. "Gotou answer me..", I sighed. She turned around and glanced at me. She opened her mouth- but no sound came out. Gotou wanted to say something, but then made up her mind and decided not to. The bus arrived and we went in. Gotou sat on the window side and the whole trip long, she didn't say anything. I tried to talk with her a couple times, but she ignored me and then put on her earbuds.

Of course I got bored. I stretched out my arms and looked behind me. But on the seat behind me was nobody more than Zaizen. 'Shitshitshitshit', I cursed myself and turned forwards again. I could hear Zaizen talking to the person next to him. "She just looked at me, do you think she likes me?", Zaizen asked. "Why would she?", the person asked back.

This voice...  is Aoyama's?

Zaizen sighed. This is the most awkward moment of my life. The boy who has a crush on me talks about ME with the boy I have a crush on. By looking at the small corridor in the bus, I tried not to clarify that I was eavesdropping the two behind me. Zaizen was talking about me the whole time. Aoyama didn't say anything back. What does he even think about me? I need to stop Zaizen. "Teacher! Can we take a break?", I screamed. Maybe a little too loud. The teacher stood up and came to me. "Is it urgently?", he asked.
The girls from other classes also stated they wanted to take a break. The teacher agreed and informed the chauffeur.

We stopped by a petrol station and took a short lunch break. When we stept in again, Zaizen touched my shoulder and called my name. "Euh yes?", I asked. He was trembling and blushing. "Is it okay if I can sit next to Gotou this time?", He asked. It was no problem for me. She does not talk to me anyway. Luckily Zaizen didn't ask me to sit next to me. Maybe he changed his mind and is now trying to fix Gotou for his self.

I took my bag from my seat and went aside. Wait if Zaizen sits on my place that means, the only place that is left is the place next to Aoyama? I can't ask Zaizen to sit back at his seat now. "Everybody sit down now, were leaving.", the teacher shouted. I had no other choice. I sat down next to him, Aoyama. He was looking outside. Ignoring the fact that I'm here. After our talk from last night, I feel so uncomfortable around him.

"Last 10 kilometers and we're home, be patient.", The chauffeur informed us. The situation I was in know was worst than with Gotou. How could he just ignore me. I glanced at my side to see what he was doing and again he was looking out the window. I took my backpack and made myself ready. When I come home, I'm going to play Beast Hunter all day and night. The only thing that could make me feel better.

Arriving at school

"Enjoy your weekends everyone, go save to home!", our classroom teacher told everyone. I was waiting for Gotou, who was talking with another teacher. "[y/n]?", our homeroom teacher came now to me. I was luck to have a teacher like this. He was not very old nor young. He was good looking as-well. He cared for everyone in our class and treated everyone equally. "I want to thank your grandma for helping us with the trip, so if you don't mind can I bring you home today?", he explained. It would be rude if I said no. I accepted his offer and asked to wait a couple minutes. "Gotou, I'm going home with our teacher. Sorry but I can't walk home with you today.", I apologized. Gotou stared at me. She surely was angry, but I have no idea what for.

"Let's never walk home together from now on.", she said. Wait what? Is Gotou angry because I cannot go home with her? "If you want I can ask the teacher to bring you home as-well?", I asked her. But she ignored me and walked away. I sighed. This was the last time I tried talking to her. I'm also sick of it. The teacher was waiting for me by the gate. He had a small green car. "I feel sorry to see you too like that..", he said while he entered his keys. I nodded, it was not fun having a 'quarrel' with her while I don't know what about. "Your house is on the left right?", he asked. The teacher knew where I lived? He parked the car and came with me.

Ding dong

My grandma opened the door. "Welcome sir.", he greeted my teacher. I passed them and left them alone. Just when I wanted to run to my room, my grandma shouted. "[y/n], aren't you going to greet your mom?", she asked. Her sudden question surprised me and made me gasp in excitement. "Mom?!", I asked back. My grandma turned her face to the door. I rushed from the stairs and entered the living room.

There she was, sitting on the sofa. Typing on her laptop.

_________________