Original Edition: 11. The Argument

Start from the beginning

"Where is he?" His voice is neutral.

I swallow and approach him slowly, "Ah, let me explain what happened."

Ares pushes me aside and walks over to my bed, "You don't have to explain anything to me." His eyes travel to the floor around the bed, where Apollo's clothes are.

Their eyes meet mine again and I see the rage in them. What?

"Oh! No! No! No! "I rush quickly, "I just took his clothes off because—"

"Shut up!" His scream makes me jump. He walks toward me in long footsteps and I cowardly recoil, "As long as it's a Hidalgo, you don't care which one is it, do you?"

His words burn, "No! God, I don't—"

Ares takes my chin between his cold fingers, "What are you looking for? Money?"

I slap his hand away from my face, "Of course not!"

"You must've had so much fun tonight," he pauses, trapping me against the wall, "Provoking one brother and then coming home to fuck the other, who's next? Artemis?"

Furious, I gave him a hard slap.

The sound of the impact echoes in my mind. Ares didn't even move, his perfect face flushed.

"If you think you can enter my room and disrespect me like this, you are very wrong." Tears fill my eyes but I don't let them fall, "You may be used to trample over the people around you but not me. Believe me, you won't do it with me, Ares Hidalgo."

He presses me against the wall, "Don't be offended now, not after you've fucked a 15-year-old boy."

I raise my hand to give him another slap but he grabs my wrist in the air, "Let me go! Let me go!"

"Tell me, Rachel, what's your price?"

Pure poison comes out of those lips so cute that I've come to adore.

At that moment I feel the strong smell of alcohol emanating from Ares. He's drunk, how didn't I notice his red eyes and staggering balance?

I push him again but it's like trying to move a giant stone, "Let me go, Ares!"

He takes my wrists, pressing them against the wall at the sides of my face, "Just tell me! Tell me your damn price so I can have you and get you out of my head once and for all."

Ignoring his words, I stomp on him with all the strength I can conjure. Ares takes a step back, growling in pain.

"I told you to let me go," I push him, taking advantage of his lack of balance, "Listen to me, Ares, I hope this is the last time you talk to me like that, drunk or not. I'm not a whore. I'm not following your family's stupid money. Apollo is in my bed without clothes because he got drunk, and he puked on his clothes, I couldn't take him to your house in that condition."

"You expect me to believe that?"

I give him a sarcastic laugh, "I don't give a fuck if you believe me or not after the way you treated me."

Ares looks surprised but then smiles, "The cute little girl has a backbone."

"I'm not a little girl, and unless you're going to apologize, I'm done talking to you. Go."

"I'm sorry but what did you want me to think?"

"At least you should have waited for me to explain."

Ares sighs, "You don't owe me any explanations. You owe me nothing, you are not mine."

There's a certain melancholy in his tone, "Whatever, your brother will not resuscitate in the next few hours so I suggest you let him sleep and then come back for him."